View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:47 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Item Wipe Emails - Do you want one? 

this is why you have it cycle.... every few months people come back play have fun leave. and come back again every few months

let the creditcard walletwarrior degens have their 1.0 so they dont feel their investment was invaine

Im saying this as someone who has more level 70s, 73s than all other players on 1.0

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:33 pm

My vote is yes to a wipe only if changes are to be made to the game. If there are going to be no changes to classes/raiding/dungeons/gear then there is no point of wiping.

I think the biggest proponent to wiping is the fact that majority of the gear is illegitimate. The dungeon bug has produced an extreme amount of gear that has propelled players further than ever before. There have been an outstanding amount of tomes and overwhelming amount of NDNT coming from the dungeon. Yesterday, I heard an argument about the dungeon providing NDNT gear so there wasn't a problem with it... except there is... NDNT gear is still gear that is utilized by players (obviously) and makes for wayyyy faster advancement than ever anticipated. These NDNT's turn push your character into the next "strength" level and allow you to do things you weren't supposed to be doing that quickly... this has led to the game being what it is now.

I know historically we have had wipes related to duping, cheating, exploiting bugs and I don't think this is different at all.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:35 pm

I think a wipe would be perfect right now. Too much gear in game and very few items have actual value. Not to mention all the ppl who abused dungeon and got to keep all the cheated gear and tomes. A wipe will level the playing field and increase player base.

I have a crazy amount of gear and I’m all for this.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:35 pm

Rippy wrote:
My vote is yes to a wipe only if changes are to be made to the game..

+1

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:36 pm

I personally feel a wipe is useless.. here’s why, the state of balancing across all classes is far to unbalanced, available farming grounds is no where near enough to try and implement the entire game to start fresh.

Personally I feel like a toa should be far more common, right now even with all the new avenues of obtaining a toa they still trade for 1500p-2000p which is much higher than any of the other more rare tomes. As stated last night the weekly is a smaller issue than what some make it out to be. The only obtainable item from weekly of value is a toa, making it more common would diminish the desire to glitch it for profits. Outside of a toa everything else obtained from there is non drop non trade, everyone is only allowed to wear 4 ndnt as it is. Most the items coming from there is drac, that isn’t a huge issue with how common drac gear is.

The only players truly advocating for a wipe are the ones that play a week every few months. Rest in piece advocates for this everytime he comes back, than he quits cause he can’t obtain better gear, or his class he plays is worthless. The rest of the game that’s been grinding for the last 3 years that are finally getting to where they are now don’t really have it in them to want to start fresh again. We just want to be left alone and play the game for what it is. I don’t have 12-14hrs a day every day to regrind for gear. I’m no where near the top players and wouldn’t consider myself the mid range of players but where it’s at the game is fun and achievable. And if I had to start over and fight for every spawn there is and try and regear I just don’t see that as something I’d want to do over again.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:41 pm

this is why i suggest

server without

NDNTS
Found items
Tomes
NO weekly dungeon

it will lead to a more stable server progression

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:46 pm

notthisshitagain wrote:
this is why i suggest

server without

NDNTS
Found items
Tomes
NO weekly dungeon

No don't remove items to fix stuff...

Balance them, make it work.

If anything we need more items to chase.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:50 pm

I understand the sentiment. There is far more gear than there are players. Item values are in the dump. Everyone has end game gear. There certainly has been exploits that gave some people unfair advantages ect.
The problem with a wipe is that it doesn't change anything.

Everyone is forced back into bone mages, veil, and dks. People start spamming pulls, and sitting at chests for hours trying to get their pulls. You'll start farming bot dd, doing weekly dungeon, doing king quest, and bosses. It'll be a while but eventually someone will get into top dd. Even if the drop rate is lower gear will flow back into the game. Now it'll be more rare, and it will only be the very top players that have any of the high end gear. The game is instantly ran by the same group of people that have been running it for the last 3 years.

The only thing that changes is instead of all the gear you worked for... You're not in scraps doing the same things you were doing before. How many times are we going to recycle the exact same content over and over and over again? The game is solved, and there are to many restrictions of gear/characters for them to overcome massive skill differences. So what? We just want to farm veil for 25 billion exp again?

You have to expand the content. You have to add things for players to find. You have to create paths for your character to progress in such a way that it can overcome skill differences. The ENTIRE point of the game is to progress your character. Even a wipe only serves to temporarily give the illusion of progression by forcing you to go through the same content you've already done a billion times.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:56 pm

[quote="xenforum3"]I understand the sentiment. There is far more gear than there are players. Item values are in the dump. Everyone has end game gear. There certainly has been exploits that gave some people unfair advantages ect.
The problem with a wipe is that it doesn't change anything.

Everyone is forced back into bone mages, veil, and dks. People start spamming pulls, and sitting at chests for hours trying to get their pulls. You'll start farming bot dd, doing weekly dungeon, doing king quest, and bosses. It'll be a while but eventually someone will get into top dd. Even if the drop rate is lower gear will flow back into the game. Now it'll be more rare, and it will only be the very top players that have any of the high end gear. The game is instantly ran by the same group of people that have been running it for the last 3 years.

The only thing that changes is instead of all the gear you worked for... You're not in scraps doing the same things you were doing before. How many times are we going to recycle the exact same content over and over and over again? The game is solved, and there are to many restrictions of gear/characters for them to overcome massive skill differences. So what? We just want to farm veil for 25 billion exp again?

You have to expand the content. You have to add things for players to find. You have to create paths for your character to progress in such a way that it can overcome skill differences. The ENTIRE point of the game is to progress your character. Even a wipe only serves to temporarily give the illusion of progression by forcing you to go through the same content you've already done a billion times.[/quote]

This 100%

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 pm

IKEA wrote:
notthisshitagain wrote:
this is why i suggest

server without

NDNTS
Found items
Tomes
NO weekly dungeon

No don't remove items to fix stuff...

Balance them, make it work.

If anything we need more items to chase.

the balance to it would be....
Remove ndnts... remove weekly.
remove tomes
up level cap every few months
streamline the gear progression,(whilst leveling monsters shoudnt drop items that are 10 levels lower than your current level)

ndnts is seriously worst addition to xenimus since GvE, jeloc

this is my opinion of xenimus anyways. as it is now its honestly not enticing whatsoever

why im advocate for seasonal system is fairly simple

atm what happends is, fresh server you farm you get rich, eventually become top player on server no one tries fights you unless your in pve spec.
money trading becomes rampant after 4-8months, suddently people that cant play the game at all has equivalent gear to the hard work you put in.
at which point game starts to lose its appeal.

seasonal approach would fix All of that no whale would invest into something that will guaranteed be taken away in a few months, and if they do legit players can just go lol at them.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:03 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next