View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Casual Players and raiding 

Ej how can we help casual players actually do raid content in Xen?

You were working on a bulletin board that would show when the bosses spawned or were going to spawn (based on your words on discord) and said its fine to add this because xenlua players all knew when the bosses spawned anyway.

Im sure its not intended for the bosses to be dead for 90% of the game that does not play 12-16+ hours a day everyday?

How can casual players log in with their friends or group and get raids which is IMPORTANT end game content ?

Another idea you liked was faster boss spawn but you completely changed it to some random deck of cards idea and then scrapped it.

Why cant bosses spawn every 2-4 hours but give each player a DAILY quest for the bosses so they can only qualify for loot once?

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:36 am

another idea would be similar to strange orb/ void mats to where you can farm as an example Cron Lair and over the weeks/months you get shards that you can use to trade the npc for a random cron item.

I say random because if not every1 would just pick the adept/warrior ring.

This would guarantee that even if i play 1 hour - 2 hours a day I am making progress towards items.

Kinda stupid to see cron once every 3-6 months because i have to work/log off etc and cannot play 12+ hours a day every day.

Strange orb is also TOO rare (in my opinion).

It guarantees that only those who farm 24/7 find the orbs and that they get bought/sold on the rl cash market like TOAs are.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:16 pm

It's fine how it is.

People who play more, get more. Get used to it.

No participation medals around here n00btube.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:00 am

Krypto King wrote:
It's fine how it is.

No participation medals around here n00btube.

weird cuz here you are crying about not getting TOA and saying it should drop more. stop trolling. thats why you dont get green status. =)

Krypto King wrote:
FOR ME: I feel the ToA should drop AT LEAST twice as much or be attainable through a quest.

The two main reasons that come to mind:

1. I don't want to be stuck playing one lvl 73 char that took years to find their ToA - lots of people have alts they would like to equally play.
2. The 4 billion xp to go from lvl 70 - 73 is already A LOT for a casual player...

Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:40 am

I think the fair thing is you just spawn the boss every hour like every low end boss and only allow a character to get a drop from it once a day.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

[quote="Loki"][quote="Krypto King"]It's fine how it is.

No participation medals around here n00btube.[/quote]

weird cuz here you are crying about not getting TOA and saying it should drop more. stop trolling. thats why you dont get green status. =)

[quote="Krypto King"]FOR ME: I feel the ToA should drop AT LEAST twice as much or be attainable through a quest.

The two main reasons that come to mind:

1. I don't want to be stuck playing one lvl 73 char that took years to find their ToA - lots of people have alts they would like to equally play.
2. The 4 billion xp to go from lvl 70 - 73 is already A LOT for a casual player...[/quote][/quote]

Rules for the official Xenimus message boards for all users.

* Don't accuse other players of things on the boards, send me and email and I will handle it.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:38 pm

alot of people complain but they dont take the time to check bosses.. stand in t1 n wait for others to look if they r there.. you want a login reward? play another game

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:57 am

If someone plays the game more then they are more likely to find the bosses alive - makes perfect sense to me. If someone plays more their progression will naturally be more. People should not be punished for playing the game - we do not know peoples circumstances so we should never comment about how many hours people play, it becomes far too personal.

It is simple, if the bosses are alive they are meant to be killed. There are plenty bosses people can do with their friends - this game does not reward participation.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 am

remove jeloc remove bosses #game fixed

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:34 am

Honestly a part of me really likes the idea of making raids a little more accessible and then another part of me likes how the game is right now. Gear is super easy to get and honestly making progress feels very nice. With that being said... I can see a case where if bosses were to spawn once every hour and can only be done once per day like someone suggested a group like Dawn could make an amazing amount of progress within their own link. No one on Dawn is a super duper powerhouse but they have enough stuff to where if they put their link together and started to raid... they easily could. Having bosses constantly up obviously means a crazy shift in terms of economy. Only a few items at that point ( less than 10 ) would hold any sort of value and the economy would solely be ran by runes and tomes. I hope people are ready for that.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next