View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Merching high item level items 

Is there a way the merchants could pay out more for items merched that are above i90. A few plat maybe? Would make merching those items more appealing. Getting that gear out of the game. I've seen dirus armors in cons merchant for 50gold. Finding an item of that caliber should be exciting in some manner. If it props bad at least you can get a plat or 2 for it. (The merchant would ofc have to have its re sale much higher than what its paying for it) would also cap an items worth at said value. Just an idea, would love to hear more.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:04 am

This would just inflate gold/platinum so not sure why you would want this.

Removing items from merchant buyback would probably increase the value of those "trash items", but honestly they need to be rebalanced in order for them to be valuable. Some items definitely need adjustment as discussed before (boots, capes, non-staff weapons, etc) but not to such a high degree like 50g or a platinum.

Personally I like the idea of breaking down those items into materials instead of inflating gold. You run the risk of deflating gold/plat when too much is craftable and NDNT though. I don't expect a great balance to be found but it's an improvement over what we've had.

Last edited by epicchase on Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:05 pm

I don't think merching high level stuff would be worth plat, but surely more than 1g.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 pm

i dunno if u merch a item say ilevel 90-110 i sure do think u should get atleast 5-10plat for it

they dont drop like candy afterall

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Yea, not sure how much inflation it would add of plat. Maybe in the very beginning when people merch the stuff they've been hoarding. But after its all gone I dont see it staying an issue. And getting all that gear out of the game is a plus.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]