View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Breaking down high level NDNT items 

What do people think of this idea.

So people do King quest and the new weekly dungeon and get NDNT stuff they can't use. They have to end up selling these items to the merchant for like 1g. You're left dejected because of all the time you wasted and you have nothing to show for it.

What if, instead of that being the only option, you could also "break down" these items into void crystals or something? Perhaps using your professions menu.

You could then collect these "void" crystals and when you have enough, you could hand them into a merchant in exchange for void crafting items.

Nothing crazy of course, but lets say you break down a ilvl 90-100 item and you get 1 crystal.
You break down a 101-110 item and get 3 crystals.
You break down a 111-120 item and get 5 crystals.
You break down a 121-125 item and get 7 crystals.

Then for every 10 crystals (amount could be higher), you could hand them into a merch, who in exchange gives you a few void crafting items at random.

This way it doesn't feel like a complete waste of time every time you do king quest and get garbage. You can slowly accumulate these void crystals to exchange them for something useful. Which you can then sell for a bit of gold, or keep until you can eventually craft your own void gear.

There is already a system in place to turn spirit gear into spirit crystals, so I figure it would not be hard to implement something like this.

Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:36 pm

Agreed. This has been brought up alot.

This will cycle crap gear out of the game. Not just including kings quest but also junky boss drop items, or even tradable items so when u pull a junk 70 pull you can at least break it down instead of sell to merch.

Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:56 pm

Im game for this, also for tradable items as well.

+1

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:04 am

Good idea! +99

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:15 am

I think this is a great idea but to add to it, I also think the gold value should be looked at. End game gear shouldn't be selling for ~1g to merchants. I'm not talking about a crazy increase but at least make it worth a trip to the merchant. Capes still sell for silver too, regardless of level. I'm assuming the reason you don't get any gold for merched items is to promote gear trading/cons selling, but I don't think it would affect those things too much if you increase the value of an Ominex item from 1g20s to say 5g...

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:28 am

@Felix
I think a lower sell value is fine, farming plat is quite easy. Increasing sell value would just cause inflation with platinum and wouldn't pan out long term. Something like normalizing sell value based on ilvl and slot would be nice. Boots and capes stand out as selling for like copper, whereas a staff sells for like 2g. Not sure how it's set up to calculate now, but it should probably be based on (basevalue)*ilvl+props or something.

Also buying back from merchants is probably an issue too. Walking over to t1 merchant and seeing ominex stuff is a jarring experience and you can buy them for like 2-5g. Little out of place and causes some issue with the economy on lesser desired items. Might as well bring back mystic merch for items like this or have them be more common through found items.

As for OP, yes. There was a good thread a while back about mitigating wealth by recycling items that was sadly removed. I like the spirit crystal system and it would be great to have that option for other tiers between spirit and the crafted raid gear. Wealth sucks and any way to improve that system would be great.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:49 pm

I'd like to see a crystal system put in place to help cycle tradable gear as well.

The spirit crystal system is pretty nice. Expand on it. Spirit, ominex, dirus, draconic, vexar, and even oblivion crystals. You could break down items tradable or ndnt into crystals. With enough crystals you could upgrade to a more rare crystal. This could help cycle tradable gear in the game as well, and maybe fix cons. Where everything is just dog water prices for super rare items, and help add some inherent value to lower gear types.

Say
100 spirit cystals -> 1 ominex crystal
100 ominex crystals -> dirus crystal
25 dirus crystals -> 1 draconic crystal
15 draconic crystals -> 1 vexar crystal
15 vexar crystals -> 1 oblivion crystal
10 oblivion crystals -> 1 elite crystal

Maybe with enough elite crystals you could craft a ndnt Sword of skull, moon staff, or vis gladius or whatever. Similar to how OP stated. The price for the item you choose to craft could vary. Maybe it takes 20 elite crystals to craft a sword of skull. Which would be equal to 300 oblivion items. Those numbers could be tweaked all the way down. At the point that you're gathering 100s of the same type of gear it only makes sense to begin upgrading to the next tier.

You really want to get wild, make the crystals tradable and a new market will emerge. That would help cycle ndnt items, tradable items, poorly proped items, and give a route for literally anyone to obtain nice ndnt items. But there is still an element of luck to the proping to keep it from being over powered. Even if you were to get a sword of skull if it proped poorly it would be worthless.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:21 pm

lol nndt sword of skull, vis gladius :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 pm

I don't know about those items, but I am for any change where we can break down crappy or unusable gear.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:44 pm

Interesting Idea

Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next