View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 I miss you Ej. Can we get more updates. 

Literally what the title says.. you were on a good roll of time of great updates and being active.

You’ve kinda have disappeared for a while and I know you were a bit sick. So hope you’re ok and hope ya make a really strong come back.

We have many changes we would like to see worked on!

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

PS: I miss Mind Molecule and his gang.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:03 pm

He's too busy working on X2.

IMO he should focus on the game with the highest population. X2 is a waste of time. How's the huge steam release going?

If he were to just use Mailchimp and update everyone by email about new things he's working on, he'd have a much better turnout than a few random people who log into an empty game and immediately uninstall.

MOST people were introduced to this game by a friend. Xen is not noob-friendly and requires help from the existing community. This isn't 1999, people will try a game for 15 min and log off for good if it doesn't attract them and X2's 6 player population base is not going to attract anyone new on its own.

A referral program would work much better than putting all his time into getting X2 onto Steam, IMO.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 am

Krypto King wrote:

IMO he should focus on the game with the highest population. X2 is a waste of time. How's the huge steam release going?

If he were to just use Mailchimp and update everyone by email about new things he's working on, he'd have a much better turnout than a few random people who log into an empty game and immediately uninstall.

MOST people were introduced to this game by a friend. Xen is not noob-friendly and requires help from the existing community. This isn't 1999, people will try a game for 15 min and log off for good if it doesn't attract them and X2's 6 player population base is not going to attract anyone new on its own.

A referral program would work much better than putting all his time into getting X2 onto Steam, IMO.

If you think 2.0 gets more updates youd be sorely mistaken

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:47 pm

He just updated a month ago

Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:53 am

"update" doesn't just mean updating the files in the game. its nice to know the thought process, the ideas that are floating around, hell what kind of cheeses he likes. just communicating with the community is great imo.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:39 pm

His update was to make the game work better, no content from my understanding and it was pushing the same rules before login that x1 had prior.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:42 am

Krypto King wrote:

See you actually believe the x1 community is going to help new players coming in from steam, thats the problem right there, clearly Ej knows it will be the complete opposite so doing this on the lowest pop server is the best choice because xenimus community is aids. If x1 was put on steam, the chance of a new player staying past 2 hours of game play is very slim.. definitely has a better shot on 2.0. Otherwise he will literally have all his sales refunded.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:20 pm

@ Orig Mi law - I respect your opinion and see where you are coming from in terms of bringing new players to a lower population game to prevent the existing community from scaring them off. However, after lvling to 17 in X2 I have yet to see a PVP and have only seen a handful of people at sq, (not at once). One could argue that once X2's population hits the same as X1 the same community tendencies would occur as the game appears to attract a certain type of person, but that's another topic altogether.

What I was trying to point out in my post is that we should focus on the existing community to bring more players rather than focusing on getting X2 on Steam for the last year. Given the statistical data that the MAJORITY of Xen players were introduced to Xen by a fellow Xen player shows us what has worked for this game for the last 20 years. I am not against advertising in the slightest bit, (FB ads should be running 24/7 imo) but I think that putting too much effort into a shot in the dark creates a sense of false hope and when it doesn't pan out the momentum, ambitions and community moral suffers, e.g., Cheeseface has yet to log into this Forum since shortly after the Steam release.

IMO we should be focusing on using Mailchimp to email all the email addresses on file about the upcoming updates and events while also rewarding players for bringing new players. And to change the attitude from "If you don't like it quit" to, "If you don't like it, explain why". Cheeseface has a lot of talent developing games but not so much with PR and advertising and he should work on that/ outsource.

As always, just my opinion.

Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:04 am
Site Admin

Actually yes, I did get sick again and it was worse than the first time. But I am back into working on things.

Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:48 pm

ejthayer wrote:
Actually yes, I did get sick again and it was worse than the first time. But I am back into working on things.

Glad you're feeling better E.J

Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]