View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Raid dungeons pking during raids 

I thought ej made raid dungeons anti pk about 2-3 updates ago?

We were all talking on discord about making more people able to do raids via more spawns and make it once a day per char so more people can get to raids. This wont really work if you have people pking and griefing raids.

A lifeless was pking a group formed up going to kill Arachnid Queen today because he didnt want anyone doing the boss.

He is also abusing shadow form which allows him to gas and skip the whole dungeon to get to them near the end because 40%movement speed buff on an all agility char= faster than attack run in a non trans zone.

They can shadow form and gas so fast they lure groups of mobs while not getting hit to wipe the groups with the mobs.

Several people said they would email ej so I made the post for discussion since some of them don't use the forums often.

Last edited by Loki on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:37 pm

I liked the idea from that same conversation of making boss areas into arenas separate from the mobs in the rest of the room. A teleporter, slide, or mystic bars door to get in and out would be preferable to the boss being in a corner of a giant room full of hard enemies.

Even if EJ makes areas NON-PK, you can still grief by dragging enemies into them. Arenas or seperate rooms solves this. If additional monsters are meant to be part of the boss fight, add a few to the room. Think of it like mystic mummy. There are a very limited amount of enemies in the area, and the room with the actual boss in it does not aggro the mummies from the side rooms. That's how pretty much all bosses should be unless summoning stuff is part of their fight, in which case keep those isolated from the swarm of enemies you have to trudge through to get there.

There are more ways you could cut griefing down, but this is the most simple way.

Placing bosses into arenas would also lay the groundwork for adding actual mechanics in the future, so would be work worth doing IMO.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:17 pm

epicchase wrote:
I liked the idea from that same conversation of making boss areas into arenas separate from the mobs in the rest of the room. A teleporter, slide, or mystic bars door to get in and out would be preferable to the boss being in a corner of a giant room full of hard enemies.

Even if EJ makes areas NON-PK, you can still grief by dragging enemies into them. Arenas or seperate rooms solves this. If additional monsters are meant to be part of the boss fight, add a few to the room. Think of it like mystic mummy. There are a very limited amount of enemies in the area, and the room with the actual boss in it does not aggro the mummies from the side rooms. That's how pretty much all bosses should be unless summoning stuff is part of their fight, in which case keep those isolated from the swarm of enemies you have to trudge through to get there.

There are more ways you could cut griefing down, but this is the most simple way.

Placing bosses into arenas would also lay the groundwork for adding actual mechanics in the future, so would be work worth doing IMO.

I like this idea also. Griefing sucks at bosses most especially, like you can do most newbish bosses without having to worry about surrounding spawn. But an area like the Jorn and Greater Volc bosses.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:50 am

If the bosses were to spawn every hour nobody would be able to be everywhere at the same time. Simple

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:30 am
lol how many times a week are you going to make a QQ post. also, a certain ranger does the exact same thing when we try to go to fort. so stfu.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:54 pm

Loki wrote:
I thought ej made raid dungeons anti pk about 2-3 updates ago?

We were all talking on discord about making more people able to do raids via more spawns and make it once a day per char so more people can get to raids. This wont really work if you have people pking and griefing raids.

A lifeless was pking a group formed up going to kill Arachnid Queen today because he didnt want anyone doing the boss.

He is also abusing shadow form which allows him to gas and skip the whole dungeon to get to them near the end because 40%movement speed buff on an all agility char= faster than attack run in a non trans zone.

They can shadow form and gas so fast they lure groups of mobs while not getting hit to wipe the groups with the mobs.

Several people said they would email ej so I made the post for discussion since some of them don't use the forums often.

Quote:
-Balance and Items
10-16-2021

Made some boss areas non pvp.

Darkwar:
Reduced shadow form speed in non trans areas.

there ya go, fixed it so you might be able to see it.

sloth wrote:
lol how many times a week are you going to make a QQ post. also, a certain ranger does the exact same thing when we try to go to fort. so stfu.

agreed

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:51 pm

Personally I dont think ANY class should be able to skip content pre bosses , you should have to fight and kill the mobs in order to proceed to the boss areas, if there are classes able to skip this content it needs to be adressed.

Here in particular if a class is able to use gas form to fast gas past an area then monsters need to perform dispell and actions faster.

It does not neccisarily mean that shadow form needs nerfing as much as it means the ability to gas needs to be disabled or put into check in this area.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:18 am

There’s a particular ranger that tries to pk me in this area ( not the only area ) all the time …. This just seems like another QQ post.

I thought people wanted danger in the game … stop trying to pick and choose what’s convenient to YOU.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:27 pm
also, anyone can pop pots and walk past said mobs.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:44 am

again 2 ppl pking on -all during cron raid.

Another way people like "insert 73 " are abusing this is they wait til the raid monsters are at like 5% health and then -all / pop players with ONLY redos on so they dont suffer align / jeloc loss.

This should be treated as an exploit and either patched to not be able to type -all at ANY raid or instant jeloc loss for popping someone redo @ an active boss.

As a side note, jeloc was never meant for pking but people can pk 24/7 with jeloc as long as the player theyre pking has a redo on.

Pking someones redo should count as a pk and lose align.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next