View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 pulls 
Author Message

Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:12 pm
Posts: 311
lets be honest, most of the pulls are claws/frag weapons/o plates/d armors. these are not problematic items to have plenty of lol.


Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:38 am
Posts: 376
There isn't any reason to go multiple times. If you're eligible for a pull you should get it first try IMO. There is nothing fun about going for a pull. If you got it first try you wouldn't have to worry about campers and waste a ton of resources on a most likely useless item.


Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:44 am
Profile
Online

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 pm
Posts: 6483
Location: U.S.A.
in that case chest pull dungeons should also be anti pk.

_________________
Haha!


Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Posts: 60
Four dixon cider wrote:
Challenge accepted.

The current pull system keeps gear from flowing into the game too fast. :shock:



Ok, so what does it matter if there are 10 adept rings this month vs if there are 30 adept rings next month? What will the game look like next year? Time gating gear doesn't do any good whatsoever for the game. What would be different now vs if we didn't all have to pull 20 times from a chest? We would have had gear a few months earlier? I just can't find any reason why this helps.

I'm not suggesting that EJ just max everyone out and make all end game gear drop on the ground daily. The time restriction is from levelling the character to the levels for each pull, not for having to burn more pots than what the pulls are worth. I used more maxis to get my 55 and 65 pulls than either of the items would have sold for perfectly propped because i had to go open the chest 50+ times to get both pulls on ONE character.


Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:07 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:12 pm
Posts: 311
probably on 30 on my cleric for 70 pull
I started on a different char for 55/65. I'm on 7 attempts so far for those 2 pulls. good stuff..


Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
Posts: 260
mob wrote:
Four dixon cider wrote:
Challenge accepted.

The current pull system keeps gear from flowing into the game too fast. :shock:



Ok, so what does it matter if there are 10 adept rings this month vs if there are 30 adept rings next month? What will the game look like next year? Time gating gear doesn't do any good whatsoever for the game. What would be different now vs if we didn't all have to pull 20 times from a chest? We would have had gear a few months earlier? I just can't find any reason why this helps.

I'm not suggesting that EJ just max everyone out and make all end game gear drop on the ground daily. The time restriction is from levelling the character to the levels for each pull, not for having to burn more pots than what the pulls are worth. I used more maxis to get my 55 and 65 pulls than either of the items would have sold for perfectly propped because i had to go open the chest 50+ times to get both pulls on ONE character.


You do realize that some players can relevel there 70 pulls in a few days right?

_________________
”Cheating is always a good idea that never caused a wipe or anything, and I would never instantly delete a character I caught cheating.”

— EJ Thayer


Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:30 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Posts: 60
Four dixon cider wrote:
mob wrote:
Four dixon cider wrote:
Challenge accepted.

The current pull system keeps gear from flowing into the game too fast. :shock:



Ok, so what does it matter if there are 10 adept rings this month vs if there are 30 adept rings next month? What will the game look like next year? Time gating gear doesn't do any good whatsoever for the game. What would be different now vs if we didn't all have to pull 20 times from a chest? We would have had gear a few months earlier? I just can't find any reason why this helps.

I'm not suggesting that EJ just max everyone out and make all end game gear drop on the ground daily. The time restriction is from levelling the character to the levels for each pull, not for having to burn more pots than what the pulls are worth. I used more maxis to get my 55 and 65 pulls than either of the items would have sold for perfectly propped because i had to go open the chest 50+ times to get both pulls on ONE character.


You do realize that some players can relevel there 70 pulls in a few days right?



"Some players". While you are right, realistically there are at best 3 or 4 people who have enough time to re-level every few days. You can't set game-standards based on what 3 people can achieve, because 95+% of people can't re-level to 70 every few days and damn sure can't run to the 70 chest by themselves. Even average players who have gear are having to pay the 2-3 to take them to 70 chest still.

That part aside, where is your argument for the benefit of time-gating gear? Like I said, I can understand not flushing the game with end game gear all at once, but using methods that are at best an irritant to restrict the flow of gear is nothing more than poor design. Having to pull level based chests more than one time to get the pull doesn't help the greater good of the game.
It isn't even logical. Think about the process outside of the realm of xenimus for a minute. You reach a certain level where you can go open a chest as a reward for acheiving that level, there should be something in the chest, period. You shouldn't have to go open the same chest 35 times to get the reward.


Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
Posts: 260
No need to argue a point against yours. EJ has made it clear he isn’t making the game any easier for you big softies that complain about every little thing in the game. Take what EJ gives you or quit. That’s been his philosophy for 20 years and he consistently sticks by it.

_________________
”Cheating is always a good idea that never caused a wipe or anything, and I would never instantly delete a character I caught cheating.”

— EJ Thayer


Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 am
Posts: 161
I think chest pulls and bosses need to be harder. Too many people are able to reach the chests currently. I would like to see it take 10 people to raid chest, and 30 people to raid bosses. Ignorant to think you should just be able to waltz in and get an item after spending 30 hours leveling your character. Despicable. This could be avoided if you just increased some characters luck rolls.


Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.