View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Professions and NERF! 
Site Admin

Ha! I know that will make everyone read this.

But it is true. Gear properties are getting over powered. Currently it is possible to get around 100% resists, bonuses to magic, and other things. With the addition of the professions that I am working on now that would over power gear even more to insane levels. Instead of modifying all the gear I will be adjusting the meaning of the points. So 8% spirit will change to +8 spirit which will equal 4%. Each point obviously being worth 1/2 percent.

Some things might remain a %, some will be changed over.

All your gear will have the ability to have 2 player added props through professions.
Examples of some ideas: (these are not programmed yet and might not be exactly like this!)
Added pads/plates for more protection, gems for different props, sharpened for damage, leather grips for control (bonus to hit), and whatever else I can think of. I'm also open to ideas.

At first there will be just a few things for each profession. In some cases professions will depend on each other to make things.

Alchemy
Tailoring (cloth and leather)
Blacksmith
Jeweler

I will be doing this in 1.0 first, they are due for an update, and then adding it to 2.0

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:16 am

amazing, cant wait.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:21 am

Will this be per account or per character. Will one character be able to get many professions.

If people are going to be dicks I will delete the post.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 am

By the sounds of it you plan on nerfing bonus to magic at the very least by 50% if I'm reading this correctly. Along with other types of stats getting this nerf. Is the plan to have these new properties bridge the gap to make up for that 50% nerf, and if not will monsters strength be affected by these changes as well so we aren't suddenly relatively much weaker in all aspects of the game?

I like the defenses being brought back into line. It's really hard to kill people in PVP at the moment, but most people spend most of their time in PvE situations where monsters aren't wearing items.
These are my initials thoughts, I'll think on the additional properties that might be fun suggestions for professions. Perhaps even some non-combat properties, quality of life night vision type props.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:28 am
Site Admin

No I am not expecting you to make up that 50%, I was going to nerf that anyway.

1 profession per character.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:02 am

have you thought how this will impact melees and mages

Currently the average melee gets 50-60% attackspeed(1.0 standards)

20% of that alone is from glove props, weapon props

doing this without also beefing up Melee attack power per hit

will cause a bigger rift between mages, melees in terms of prowess

currently mages get majority of their power from gear inbuilts not properties

the Exception being Staff properties

Melees are the complete opposite

they get majority of their power from gear Properties rather than inbuilts there are few exceptions(rings)

will you balance monsters around these "nerfs" lower their damage/hp/amp attackspeed etc

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 am

Do you expect this to make a huge impact on PvE? It sounds like many areas are about to become un-huntable. Personally I'd like to see more areas able to be farmed, not less.

One last thing, is this going to become another one of those "must have" on each item like chaotic used to be in order for the item to be worth anything? I'm not trying to be an a** or anything but with the way you have the prop system set up for gear it's already insanely hard to get gear with even OK props that is worth using. Can this potentially turn an end-game item with good props into an even lesser valued item than it would have been prior to the update?

I just have many concerns over this, it seems like a huge step. Not sure in which direction tho.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:01 am
Site Admin

I think it would reduce the rift between classes by making characters more based on level instead of gear. Attack speed will be reduced, but so will cast speed.

Yes of course it will have an affect on PvE.

None of this is really the point anyway, the props are obviously over powered.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:36 am

I mean, sure numbers are getting inflated, but a 50% nerf is pretty large without consideration to the rest of the game. That's the point that is being made. There are rare end game items in the game that give a roughly 5-6% increase which puts chars on another level from everyone else. I say that to say, just a 5-6% nerf can be felt. *note* That is a 5-6% overall rating not a specific all magic bonus stat. I do worry that with melee doing 5% per hit to mages, that with their speed drastically cut that'll cause a change that will just make balance worse since all of melee damage comes from items, and a lot of mage damage comes from stats and levels already.

Although it sounds like valid logic to say, that a 50% nerf across the board will hit everyone equally as hard is not correct. I just encourage you to make smaller nerfs, and be open adjusting monster strength, or reverting small bits of the nerf at a time to balance things to the point that you'd like.
If you have a vision of what power levels you'd like people to be at we could probably help you.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 am

curious to see how hard this is gonna effect melees

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:31 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next