View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 old school spell sound 
Site Admin

Is gone!

That would be the sound for transporting and several other spells. It has been in the game for years and is poor quality.

The new sound to replace it is very different and I'm sure most people will hate it at first. Give it a chance!! Any emails about not liking it will be completely ignored for at least a few days.

There are a few new spell/item sounds, I chose the one for transporting that sounded the most like a transport. I guess that is kind of hard to explain but it seemed like the best match.

Also, you will not be able to change it back by messing with the files. Partly because you should not be doing that, but mostly because with the purchase of new sounds I am obligated by license agreements to make a "reasonable" attempt to protect their sounds from being taken out of the game. So the sound files are a special format that only the game can use.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:53 am

New sounds are a long over-due QOL thing. I doubt anyone's going to hate that.

Edit: ^ sounded harsher than I intended, I meant it as a good thing. I'm all for it.

Last edited by Olive on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:19 am

Cool, GJ EJ.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:40 am
Sounds good but I’m probably going to miss it lol

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 am

Should be out soon then!

Loki – The sly, trickster of the Norse gods. Son of two giants. Also known as the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer and the Sky Traveller. Becomes increasingly more evil. He is responsible for the death of Balder. Bound until Ragnarok.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Ignore the troll EJ. I really like the new sounds. Was a bit freaky but defo easier on the ears and quite satisfying.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:48 pm
I like the new sounds might have taken 15 years but I say well done ej at least he’s working on something always a positive sign :)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Thanks, EJ! I haven't played with the sound on in YEARS. I am now going to keep it on at all times. :D

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 pm

I like it alot. The merchants saying hello, and other things add LIFE to the game.

Now are you able to add some new sounds to bosses ? Would be nice for SOMe of them to make sounds like arachnid queen can screech, etc and some of the Daeth Knight type bosses can taunt you, trash talk, etc.

Loki – The sly, trickster of the Norse gods. Son of two giants. Also known as the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer and the Sky Traveller. Becomes increasingly more evil. He is responsible for the death of Balder. Bound until Ragnarok.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 am

I guess players are flooding back now?

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next