View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Xenimus,/A Team/Updates 

Xenimus for a very long time has been developed by EJ alone. We have asked for him to get a team for quite some time and unfortunately it has not worked out. Seeing as EJ works on the game alone and us being very needy with all of our updates, it feels like things get put in the back burner.

We can sit here and argue that we want specific things but we also don't seem to understand that we can't always take a step back.

I think we'd all like to finally see EJ develop some sort of team. Whether that team consists of in-game players ( for experience of the game and knowledge of updates) or outside players (for a fresh new pair of eyes) we can all agree the load needs to be lighter on Ej's hands.

So I guess the point of the topic is to see what Ej says on making a team. That way we can test these updates before they even release and many other things.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:48 pm

EJ needs people who can actually do programming and coding. He doesn't need people with more opinions, he gets plenty of those.

The reality is, xenimus does not pay the bills for ej alone. So how is he going to afford to payroll a team? He would need interns, or people just wanting to work for free. So why don't you learn coding and offer your help free of charge?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Xen 1.0, EJ's only successful game (to my knowledge) is so old no one wants to code it anymore. EJ said that.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm

To be honest EJ has had quite a bit of help with Xenimus in the past. Things just simply didn't work out between the people he was working with. But to say he has never had help is just plain wrong because he's had quite a few different people team up with him over the years.

This is EJ's game, and the people who started helping always tried to take the game in a different direction than EJ wanted. Which created ruffles in the partnerships. I know there's much more to it in some instances, but that's really the jist of it.

Hoping something does happen with Xenimus though, would maybe consider a return if population ever returned to some small sliver of normalcy.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:25 am

he should add more transactions for starters. as in cosmetics or anything that's not pay to win. I would pay for new items/skins stuff like that to be added to the game. maybe he should post ideas he has and what it takes for it to happen and maybe we can donate towards it. it seems better than just the buy tokens and him using the money for who knows what.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 am

I told him to do kickstarter ages ago...he said no.

Loki – The sly, trickster of the Norse gods. Son of two giants. Also known as the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer and the Sky Traveller. Becomes increasingly more evil. He is responsible for the death of Balder. Bound until Ragnarok.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:27 am

I mean he isn't going to accept help for multiple reasons such as

1: Control of what gets put in and what doesn't
2: Issues between the dircetion of the game should be at
3: Has issues with giving out full information/ideas to his "team"

If not mistaken at some point he worked with andy with quests and that became an issue. I believe Andy mention something about Ej "always" needing to touch his ideas and numbers to HIS liking and NOT to what made the "MOST" sense for players(this only happens when you don't even play your game and random numbers are put out because you THINK they are going to be good).

This game is long over due, I don't understand why people still log in and try to change things.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:34 pm

You're mistaken, that was never said or happened.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:06 pm

So help Ej with this game damnit.
You're a great asset for EJ and both of you could make wonders of this game

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 pm

im sure ej had players helping him. but it did not work out,

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next