View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Spirit Skills 

Im not a fan of the Pay to Win element of this.

For normal players platinum is tireless to farm. I know some people who will go plat farming 3-5 hours a day upto 5 times a week, after a week they will come out with around 30-50plat and that was before the item sale price reduction. That is some dedication, as your missing out on other aspects of the game to bank this plat, and especially if your not using macros for repetative key presses like myself. (that is also if they havent spent that plat on potions for raiding, pvp, propping or trading)

If your like me, the most you will venture out for spirit skills is 50g to get a new one, you do this once your old one has ran out after 30 days of waiting. Then you usually get another one you did not want. And then i once got higher rage chance i was like nice dude ill keep this, went down to 9days left and went to shrine to top it back up, dropped 50g on shrine and it freaking changed man. Maybe i am doing it wrong but there are no NPC's that hint on how to use the shrine. I have heard from some players dropping huge amounts of plat and propping type materials and getting a bunch of skills, but we all know where that plat/mats came from. No-one who grinds plat drops it on this shrine. Its become like chests, pretty much an unused aspect of game play.

I mean i have tried to test spirit skills a bunch of times now and i wasted like 5-10plat each time in a mixture of materials and gold dropped, but each time ive done this ive been left with 1 spirit skill i didnt even want, and the thought of i could of just kept the plat and used it to buy items i wanted. You just feel cheated or dumb for trying to test it.

Maybe you could add certain monsters you can kill that drop spirit essence which can be used on the shrine in addition with a small amount of gold. Just gives another aspect of the game people can grind for and trade about, you could have different types of essense, so noobs can farm it for lower spirit type skills medium difficulty monsters giving medium strength essence and higher level monsters for you get the picture. Combo's of essence could produce different skills yada yada, bunch of thought process on this could make a decent 'spirit skill' system. You could add in essense as something attainable from chests comboing with my post on chests, giving lower/weaker players the chance to trade/use these items.

It just feels like a lot of current systems are catering for pay to win scenarios, instead of playing the game and be skilled and knowlegable to advance/overcome your enemy.

Edited: Maybe have the spirit essense tied in with some of the lore of the game/world, like those cracks in ground which are red/black could be spirit essense veins (kinda like final fantasy 7 where the world has that energy in it lol) that if your stand near them your character gains this stuff passively, giving people 'free' essense to experiment with in the shrine, it wouldn't even be an item, kinda like a radiation onto your character its just their in your spirit skill page. People might find randomly spawned in veins for 'higher teir essense', find in random chests, gained from certain monsters near permenant viens etc. Or forget about the veins and utilise those areas which are meant to regen magic points but dont really do anything anymore, you know the ones where its like blue elixir graphic effect spammed on you as if your absorbing magic energy. People used to afk their a little whilst hunting for Magic Power regen.

Last edited by Charles Martel on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 pm

I don't even bother with spirit skills.

It's rng what you get and not worth my gold.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm

1p/items to change it, ive seen it cost up to 16p+mats to get the one you want for your class (specific magic dmg)

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm

the p2w part of this is that

for every 5 plat you spend you get 1 extra sklill untill 5

so if you spent 25plat a pop you get 5 random skills..... which can be rather big

as a melee you could get

Rage
Lethal
Armor
Hp regen
energy bonus(for stronger tueri)

as mage you could get

Energy
spirit
Armor
Fire bonus
Ice bonus

heck you name it adding up it all its almost like a 5th ring

now this is only doable if your duping or buying truckloads of gold from constitution

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Once you have 5 skills, how do you keep them topped up? Like i had higher rage, went down to 9days left, thought i was topping it up and it changed to a useless skill, i was mad. Currently got spirit/ice on my warrior.

Even as you mentioned it still seems like a plat drain, dont you have to use any other materials? I know ej wants us to figure stuff out but, dropping 5plat to gain a new skill isnt exciting, i was hoping you could increase certain spirit skills into higher tier versions etc.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
the p2w part of this is that

for every 5 plat you spend you get 1 extra sklill untill 5

so if you spent 25plat a pop you get 5 random skills..... which can be rather big

as a melee you could get

Rage
Lethal
Armor
Hp regen
energy bonus(for stronger tueri)

as mage you could get

Energy
spirit
Armor
Fire bonus
Ice bonus

heck you name it adding up it all its almost like a 5th ring

now this is only doable if your duping or buying truckloads of gold from constitution

Is this forreal? Is it RNG that you get the extra skill per 5p that you spend? Or is it garanteed? meant to this put this here not inside the quote

Let’s make it fun!

Last edited by Rippy on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 pm

yeah I went to "refill" mine with just 50g and I ended up going from energy dmg to lethal...
on a wizard.....................................................................................................................................................................

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]