View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 multi idea and Arthritis 

Dixon Cider wrote:
Isn’t using a macro to press your multi key on a continues loop technically playing the game for you?

Not at all....

You still have to trans/med/teleport/talk/etc...hardly plays the game for you lol

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Hardly plays the game for you => plays the game for you

I personally think macros should be allowed as long as you don’t allow you to afk.

It’s such a gray area still. I’ve seen chars get deleted for using macros. The server must track for suspicious repetitive key presses.

How does EJ feel about this?

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:58 am

Data_masked wrote:
Dixon Cider wrote:
Isn’t using a macro to press your multi key on a continues loop technically playing the game for you?

Not at all....

You still have to trans/med/teleport/talk/etc...hardly plays the game for you lol

can I set macro to med also bc I still got to trans?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 am

You still have to press your macro key to heal tho its not playing it for you like a script or something. I think if you macro like a trans/heal or whatever you want it should be fine.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:44 am

Dixon Cider wrote:
Hardly plays the game for you => plays the game for you

I personally think macros should be allowed as long as you don’t allow you to afk.

It’s such a gray area still. I’ve seen chars get deleted for using macros. The server must track for suspicious repetitive key presses.

How does EJ feel about this?

1. Wtf are you talking about it does NOT play the game for you.

2. EJ has already said how he feels about macros "as long as it does not play the game for you"

3. I use macros for two things beam/multi. Been doing this for months and have never had any issues. If people are getting banned then they are obviously doing something different. If you set a macro to level you while you AFK and you're pressing multi button every .5 seconds while you're dead for 5 minutes straight, yea expect a ban. But me setting my multi/beam spells to continue going while my finger is pressed still requires me to press a button. It would literally look no different to EJ if I were to mash a button 1000x or use a macro. Bottom line, don't believe the people saying they got banned for using macros, they were doing something sketchy.

To explain further this is how my macro is set up. I record key strokes of my pressing "D" (multi key) about 2-3 times and record the delay. The delay ranges from .40 to .68 seconds. I then set the macro to continue pressing while the button is being held down. When I need to med/trans/teleport/talk I have to STOP pressing the button just as I would have to STOP mashing the "D" key if not using a macro. If you start adding multiple functions to your macros, then you're taking on a risk. However having a macro do only 1 function while a button is pressed is NOT going to get you banned, IMO. Again I have been doing this for months after EJ said "macros are fine as long as they don't play the game for you" and I have had no issues.

Last edited by Data_masked on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:10 pm

bottlecup wrote:
Data_masked wrote:
Dixon Cider wrote:

Not at all....

can I set macro to med also bc I still got to trans?

I would not set any macro to do more than 1 function. That's my opinion. If you want to set a macro for just medding then go for it, but at that point its no different then tapping the med key. I don't know why you would want to do this though, it will end up wasting meds. Also its impossible to accurately time when you will need to med so if you used a macro for this expect alot of deaths and wasted meds.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:14 pm

If a macro is pressing a button for you wihout you physically pressing the button, then yes it is playing the game for you.

Sugarcoat it however you like.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Dixon Cider wrote:
If a macro is pressing a button for you wihout you physically pressing the button, then yes it is playing the game for you.

Sugarcoat it however you like.

but with this macro you are still physically pressing the button? atleast from what i understand the only thing it does is stop you from having to constantly spam the same button over and over

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Yes. You press a button to switch the macro on. After that, it loops until you switch it back off.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Dixon Cider wrote:
Yes. You press a button to switch the macro on. After that, it loops until you switch it back off.

That is one type of macro, and that is not what the OP is asking. You can have a macro repeat a keystroke in 3 ways.

1. You set it to an infinite loop
2. You set it to continue pressing only when the key is pressed (OP's question)
3. You set it to repeat a keystroke X amount of times

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next