View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 multi idea and Arthritis 

i have Arthritis in my hands.
could we possibly get a way to have multi repeat itself by holding the button instead of constantly having to spam it?

cut the cast rate after the first cast in half so it takes much longer for it to go off compared to tapping it.
this would let people with bad hands like me hunt longer even if it is slower and it would take away any advantage to pvp it would give.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Ej has said before that a macro is fine as long as it doesn't play the game for you.
As this doesn't fall under that category, ill help you out.

There's a program I use a lot for work called Autohotkey, and I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to make this work for you.
Go download the program, follow the instructions on how to make a new ahk-file.
Then try out something like this:

$x::
while GetKeyState("x", "P"){
Send x
Sleep 200
}
return

I'm not sure how this would work with xenimus, so if that doesn't work, try this:

$x::
while GetKeyState("x", "P"){
Send {x down}
Sleep 100
Send {x up}
Sleep 100
}
return

If that doesn't work, you have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me :)

Basically what this does is check if your "X"-key is pressed down, then sends the X key with 200ms delay.
You can change the key to whatever you'd like.

Hope this helps you with your arthritis problem :)

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:44 pm

I feel for you with arthritis but we can't slow the entire game down just bc you have a medical condition...Following this post in hope u get some help.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Even if, on some level, it is “playing the game for him,” there’s something to be said for making the game a little more accessible to someone who can’t fully enjoy the game due to a physical condition. Just let the dude find some joy in the game.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:57 pm

I don't see the big deal. Most games have it set up so that holding down a key causes that function to repeat itself until you let go. I mean EJ already added the ability years and years ago to hold down the left click to continuously click when you walk around. Why not this? It seems like a good quality of life change, to be honest. Especially for people like OP who have issues like arthritis.

Could it technically be abused if someone were to say, hold down a weight or something on top of the key and then walk away? Yes, but that can literally be done now at any time using any macro software. That guy above literally posted a script of how to achieve it using AutoHotKey.
If someone wanted to try to do that and get away with it, they don't need EJ to add it as a built in feature first.

I would be all for making it easier for people like OP to play the game, not to mention also help those who don't have any issues but may eventually develop them due to all the repetitive clicking and key pressing.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:07 am

I use a macro that does exactly this. The problem is only some keyboards make this possible. But yeah this is a macro thing. I don't even know if EJ could make it work that way.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:48 am

Dixon Cider wrote:
Isn’t using a macro to press your multi key on a continues loop technically playing the game for you?

ej deleted me for this, after saying it was ok

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 am

See ive been thinking of making a macro for my multi but f**k i don't wanna get deleted for it.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:56 am

if EJ happens to read this post and replies that its alright for me to do so i will gladly try a macro.

[quote="Bam Margera"]I feel for you with arthritis but we can't slow the entire game down just bc you have a medical condition...Following this post in hope u get some help.[/quote]

building it into the game the way i said would only slow it down for the person holding the key down. if your still tapping it like normal it does not affect your cast speed at all.
the reduction in cast speed is only there as a deterrent to keep people who don't need it from abusing it and using it for pvp.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:09 am

Dixon Cider wrote:
Isn’t using a macro to press your multi key on a continues loop technically playing the game for you?

Not at all....

You still have to trans/med/teleport/talk/etc...hardly plays the game for you lol

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next