View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bring back dragons! 

I had this idea with dragons, we use to rarely see them and it was always fun to hunt them down even if they didn't drop anything.

We could have a dragon world boss spawn a couple times a week, always at a random location outside somewhere After 1 hour if not found or in battle he despawns. Once he spawns we could hear a huge rawr on world chat. this would be our way of knowing we need to go look for him!

Now this boss is not like any other boss we faced. He has a TON of HP, and a TON of HP Regen.

Each player on screen gives him -x% hp regen so a team of 2-5 players could not kill him. We would need to be 20+ players to negate his HP Regen and take him down.

Now I know getting 20 people to a random boss at a random time would be hard. So to offset this the dragon's DMG and DMG taken would scale to the players level.

EX: Flame wind does 30% dmg to player. if you have 1000 HP he does 300 dmg, if you have 100 he does 30. Same with our attacks we dmg him base on percentages.

For the loot it would be depending on player level also. so a level 30 can't get vexar items. We would need to figure out decent loot tables without being too greedy.

Also to make it worth while everyone in the raid should be compensated. even if its just 10G, 20 maxies, 2 whites, a bag, just something.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 pm

I like this idea but there are some things that need to be in consideration. What is the minimum level for this? Can a level 1 get a redo?
And also, is the dragon going to be moving fast like it used to. I imagine it being hard if it moves (especially with that much movement speed that it had)
And when someone finds the dragon how will the others get to it? If its found maybe a port ports to it? But then again it has such insane movement speed youd probably miss it.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:22 am

White Noize wrote:
I like this idea but there are some things that need to be in consideration. What is the minimum level for this? Can a level 1 get a redo?
And also, is the dragon going to be moving fast like it used to. I imagine it being hard if it moves (especially with that much movement speed that it had)
And when someone finds the dragon how will the others get to it? If its found maybe a port ports to it? But then again it has such insane movement speed youd probably miss it.

The dragon would be stationary and aggro on players so he can't fly away once in battle. Also players would need to travel to him or port other players demanding a little bit of team work.

for the loot tables like I said we need to figure something out that can't be to OP. I think a redo on a level 1 would not be a good idea.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:23 am

It should fly into Semel and start to attack the guards/players/houses there with Flamma Ventus (or a better spell)

Then the guards will do 1 damage per hit to the dragons and the dragons will do 1 damage to the guards.

The Semel Dragon will attack players for 30 % hp and can be harmed from level 40-70.

All players involved get loot based on their level and activity automatically to inventory.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 am

[quote="Loki"]It should fly into Semel and start to attack the guards/players/houses there with Flamma Ventus (or a better spell)

Then the guards will do 1 damage per hit to the dragons and the dragons will do 1 damage to the guards.

The Semel Dragon will attack players for 30 % hp and can be harmed from level 40-70.

All players involved get loot based on their level and activity automatically to inventory.[/quote]

This is a pretty good idea tbh. Maybe the damage to players should be adjusted to their level so new players can join without dying in 3-4 hits from the Dragon.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Tbh it should storm the castle for the king and queen. The king and queen then needs defense and suddenly a siege battle is happening like in skyrim. All the guards would do minimal damage and would not die (but needs to pop maxis and whites for effect ya know). And I think it should be for people who has jeloc/val because the king and queen doesnt trust the ones without. This would be really cool I think.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I won't lie, I didn't read any of this. But I am going to give this entire thread a +1

WE NEED DRAGONS IN XENIMUS

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Zannah wrote:
I won't lie, I didn't read any of this. But I am going to give this entire thread a +1

WE NEED DRAGONS IN XENIMUS

you read my mind. +1

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]