View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:55 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Encouraging people to play at 70 

As it stands (on the anti pk server at least) level 70 activities seem to consist of the following:
1) raid for ndnt items (but once you have 3 good slots the reward vs cost makes this not much fun)
2) Kings quest: great for new characters but worthless for 90% of level 70s who had ndnt in store
3) spending hours slowly farming DD in hope of a good drop. Very hard with a melee and even with a mage slow progress.
4) trading: very limited due to loads of 80-100 gear and very few high end items entering game
5) farm for pvp or raid: pvp limited due to low player base and raids similar due to point 1
6) reset 70 pull: takes a long time and 90% chance of a 1 plat item

In my opinion none of the above are sufficient reasons to log on and play but with a few tweaks this could be changed:

1) add small chance of tradable items to raids: makes it worth it even if you have your 3 slots covered
2) enable this quest to have small tradable chance and always give a supplies reward regardless of wealth: makes it available to all
3) make all level 70 spots have a chance of item level 80-120 drops. % chance of drop should increase the harder the area but any where math isn’t drop a good item: makes farming worthwhile
4) helped by having more good gear flow into game
5) helped by making raiding more worthwhile. Full pvp would help as well
6) change 70 pull to be random item form 80-120. You could still get a dirus bow but you may just get a vov: more people farming to reset pull>more trade>more pvp during full pvp weeks

Basically I think having more people having reasons to hunt is worth the extra amount of gear flowing into game. In theory more players so the gear is more spreads

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:15 pm

i agree with the tweaks but not all at the same time, unless the chances were very small, or even if it was just 1 tradable item from kq per char (regardless of wealth because so many people will miss out)

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Goldmine wrote:
As it stands (on the anti pk server at least) level 70 activities seem to consist of the following:
1) raid for ndnt items (but once you have 3 good slots the reward vs cost makes this not much fun)
2) Kings quest: great for new characters but worthless for 90% of level 70s who had ndnt in store
3) spending hours slowly farming DD in hope of a good drop. Very hard with a melee and even with a mage slow progress.
4) trading: very limited due to loads of 80-100 gear and very few high end items entering game
5) farm for pvp or raid: pvp limited due to low player base and raids similar due to point 1
6) reset 70 pull: takes a long time and 90% chance of a 1 plat item

In my opinion none of the above are sufficient reasons to log on and play but with a few tweaks this could be changed:

1) add small chance of tradable items to raids: makes it worth it even if you have your 3 slots covered
2) enable this quest to have small tradable chance and always give a supplies reward regardless of wealth: makes it available to all
3) make all level 70 spots have a chance of item level 80-120 drops. % chance of drop should increase the harder the area but any where math isn’t drop a good item: makes farming worthwhile
4) helped by having more good gear flow into game
5) helped by making raiding more worthwhile. Full pvp would help as well
6) change 70 pull to be random item form 80-120. You could still get a dirus bow but you may just get a vov: more people farming to reset pull>more trade>more pvp during full pvp weeks

Basically I think having more people having reasons to hunt is worth the extra amount of gear flowing into game. In theory more players so the gear is more spreads

I dont see any problems with this, +1

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:36 pm

[quote="SteveOfEngland"]i agree with the tweaks but not all at the same time, unless the chances were very small, or even if it was just 1 tradable item from kq per char (regardless of wealth because so many people will miss out)[/quote]

Of course you need to avoid a flood of gear into game but back in the day good items came from level 40 level 50 60 65 and 70 pulls and random pulls. Now it’s like 3% of level 70 pulls. Relevling to 70 is a long grind and there would still be a 50%+ chance you will get a level 80-100 item!

Also again small chance at raids etc

Key is to incentivize people to actually play and ideally boost the economy at the same time.

If for example one out of 20 raids gave a tradable item (not always going to be a great one) assuming an average of 5 people a raid that’s 100 raids per person per tradable item.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Top, loads of people suggesting there should be ways for gear to flow into game. Here are some ideas, but would be a good thread to suggest alternative or additional ideas

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:31 pm

+1 to this. On the raids point: just knowing there is the rare possibility of a tradable drop would have myself online significantly more often. I also feel it would pull people together to do the raids instead of waiting for their link to be on.

Honestly, having the possibility of an initial 'flood' of gear into the game isnt as bad as it seems. It would drive current prices down, destroy the $ market, and give new/returning player an easier time getting into the game. Thus a higher potential of increasing population. As population grows the gear will spread and drops could taper a bit. However, I think the rarity of an item should not just be on it's iLVL but by it's impact as well. Some items, a Vis Omni Spiritus for example, should be elusive whether or not that iLVL's rarity is lessened.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:08 pm

sounds like a fun time

Let’s make it fun!

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 pm

To expand on the concept of bringing gear into the game: Why not add durability to all gear. Use the rate of decay on NDNT currently on tradable gear and give NDNT a higher rate of decay. From here give the gear some repair degradation, just a few points at a time, this way gear cycles out of the game.

This way gear acquisition could be increased quite a bit. Trading would be encouraged as you would need to replenish once your gear degrades enough, which would be a significant amount of time with a degradation of only a few points per repair. Giving people incentive to grind and raid.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:07 pm

Personally I never liked how EJ made drops based on monster level. I think going back to the old ways of being able to get super lucky and find something nice no matter where you are hunting is what made Xenimus unique. I think this is a pretty good post, and adding a larger drop pool for 70's would really help the game.

Players have been struggling for years to acquire good drops, basically ever since the restructure happened drops are at an all time low. Pretty sure there isn't even a single tradeable VoV on prime, but there is on full PvP. That is due to the fact that EJ has already (kind of) made this change on full PvP server and I think it should be implemented on prime.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Yeah so then no one would want to or need to hunt lvl 70_120+ mobs cuz u could just farm lava imps all day to find vexar..... dumb idea.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next