View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Can rangers get an offhand? 

[quote="lethal"]+1 to rangers getting a protection pve based off hand something that gives amp and hit def rangers also cant shoot there bow if they are getting hit or agredied.[/quote]

Adgredi cancels all melee hits also, this should be looked into.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 pm

Now that offhands have been nerfed can this be revisited?

Rangers are the only class that does not have an offhand consequently they are also the weakest melee class in ac ( or close to it (no plate, no shield) , hp steal, mp steal, and arguably total HP(they dont get the base hp items of a mage and have the lowest hp of the melee section)

The best ring a ranger can wear is Vis Mederi, or for some odd reason Adept rings.

They also need to wear a Vis Animus which takes up a ring slot or they dont steal enough mp to do anything.

Not only that but for some damn reason thier main weapon a bow is litterally the rarest and hardest 65+ weapon to obtain. And then on top of that to prop correctly.

Can they please get an offhand to offset some of this?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Swift wrote:
Now that offhands have been nerfed can this be revisited?

Rangers are the only class that does not have an offhand consequently they are also the weakest melee class in ac ( or close to it (no plate, no shield) , hp steal, mp steal, and arguably total HP(they dont get the base hp items of a mage and have the lowest hp of the melee section)

The best ring a ranger can wear is Vis Mederi, or for some odd reason Adept rings.

They also need to wear a Vis Animus which takes up a ring slot or they dont steal enough mp to do anything.

Not only that but for some damn reason thier main weapon a bow is litterally the rarest and hardest 65+ weapon to obtain. And then on top of that to prop correctly.

Can they please get an offhand to offset some of this?

+1, rangers are already glass cannons that are basically useless at raids. Could we atleast get a hunting offhand?

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 am

useless in raids??

no its more likely the ranger players at the raids are useless

rangers can be top 1 dps in raids easily

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:27 pm

By useless I think he was aluding to the fact that rangers are unable to direct dps a raid mob by fireing arrows because they almost instantly draw agro.

They do great dps and yes they are capable of bieng top dps at a raid.

Unfortunately this almost never happens because they cannot direct dps unless they want to ruin the raid, get yelled at, and die instantly.

Perhaps an offhand that had aggro diminishing effects would be cool.

Last edited by Swift on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Swift wrote:
By useless I think he was aluding to the fact that rangers are unable to direct dps a raid mob by fireing arrows because they almost instantly draw agro.

Unfortunately this almost never happens because they cannot direct dps unless they want to ruin the raid, get yelled at, and die instantly.

This.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 am

Swift wrote:

Everyone knows what you meant except sloth.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 am

Swift wrote:

yes they can...

get a useless dps like a cleric to heal you

slap on tanky gear

stack fireballs on the otherside of the boss(or have entire raid standing on direct opposite side of the ranger)

have ranger not be linked to anyone at the raid

Ranger goes -minlevel 100
and -all

Multishot away hit the boss with 8+arrows every multishot...

watch the ranger outdps anyone by a ton

i can say you will out dps it by alot because

with just a crappy bow of lethal speed

I can kill Monric in 3-4multishots (less than 1-2sec)

this will obviously cost some maxis and a vis habus or omnihabus

but to say rangers cant dps boss without ruining raid is just the stupid notion that rangers should stand and shoot boss for full damage out damaging everyone

without tanking it

AND ive done this at ALL bosses besides away(linay/quon vex) or poison bosses(spider/nath mog)

what stopped most of the ppl here from comming up with this way is their selfish desire to only think about themselves

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 am

I raid daily, most of the time with a ranger. They shoot the fball and the arrow goes thru the boss, thats how they dont pull aggro. Ej needs to fix how aggro is determined, but thats a whole nother issue.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:10 am

I have done dps that way as well liftingnerd , it can be done it just seems silly rangers are the only ones who cant directly damage a raid boss.

What if melees had to hit a f ball to make fragor go off to hit the boss?

Regardless this is a discussion about ranger offhands and how it would be nice if they could get one.

If you want to go on and on in my topic please do it about the relevant criteria.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3