View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What’s next? 

100% all for content added to add pvp

That's why I agree on revamping/upgrade pvp skills list and tree?

He once said he would but it never happened and that post got purged.

Just saying he can ADD in PvE content that also ADDS PvP related interactions, like a new higher Veil Fort or two.

Revamp PvP Skills Exp requirements (lower them so instead of always doubling it would just increase by a percentage.)

Add a bunch of PvP Related new skills for players to spend pvp points on besides HP.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:39 am

There is less PvP for several reasons one is due to the power differences between what is obtainable within a reasonable amount of time and what either takes several years of farming or RMT.
For example, on a fresh server or after a wipe, the PVP is booming for the first few weeks until someone gets a big enough headstart to start snowballing.
A lot of people are simply stuck playing catchup, getting hidden, good proped items, etc.

Another obvious reason is that the server is close to 60–70% anti-PK (if we count areas that are actually used).
So most players simply build characters for PVE that aren't designed to defend themselves from attackers. 

Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:39 am

Maybe the total amount of PvP Exp received could just be upped by alot.

So at 100k exp (level 11 or 12) you already have 25 skill points so even if you max Bonus HP at 10% you would still have 15 points on other PvP skills, such as 5% Resist FA 5 HoH etc

You could also use the level 10 PvP EXP benchmark and convert it so that you'd be at level 25 pvp levels instead of 10, thus 25 skill points by then

And Add two new Veil spots, Harder than the ones we have now, same items just higher drop table

Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:58 am

Adding actual gear drops to Veil would improve traffic in Veil, in turn increasing pvp.
Examples: redos, Maximus amulets, Vishabus, Omnihabuss, glowing potion, etc. 
Not just those rare Found potions! that come once an hour, but items found on the ground from the monsters.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:59 pm

notthisshitagain wrote:
Adding actual gear drops to Veil would improve traffic in Veil, in turn increasing pvp.
Examples: redos, Maximus amulets, Vishabus, Omnihabuss, glowing potion, etc. 
Not just those rare Found potions! that come once an hour, but items found on the ground from the monsters.

I asked for this, E.J doesn't want to do that.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:59 pm

There is quite a bit of traffic in veil already, but generally people just won't engage in a fight. There is so much gear that it's not like you can just pk everyone even in the best gear. Just about everyone can take the hits, and just trans away or in circles around you till you get bored. If you're really persistent in chasing then they'll just go monsters -minlevel 99 pop a vish, move around faster, and ignore you.

I even get to an extent why people wouldn't want to fight me, but it's come to a point that even fighting for spawn is seen as "toxic". It's unwritten rules now that if you have even VEIL alone, and someone comes in you just split to your sides. Like 2 well geared people that aren't top tier pvpers won't even fight each other most of the time. There just isn't a good reason to fight.

If we added a veil area that was like top dd/bot dd that dropped gear as well. I could see that being incentive enough to break out fights. I definitely want more gear sets, my hunting areas, more levels, more spells, more progress, but I really really want there to be a meaningful reward to winning fights so that people want to participate in that for the reward.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:08 pm

It's also a problem with how Veil functions it doesn't reward prolonged hunting. The majority of the good or rare runes or tomes I ever got were from just popping in the veil while checking bosses. 

then there have been times I have done 6+ relevels in a row just hunting veil nonstop, not getting a single rare or good rune or tome. 

There's nothing that rewards prolonged hunting in a veil (staying without leaving). If there was some sort of gauge you built up, the more monsters you killed in the veil, increasing the chance for tomes or rare runes. That might make people less enticed to just pop out after checking bosses or doing a clear

Bottom line: there aren't enough consistent rewards for hunting veil.

But I can see why Ej is afraid of implementing certain changes.
If Veil became too profitable, cartels would form, controlling it, monopolizing it, and gatekeeping the content.

All of this would be fine if there was an anti-PK and a PVP server. If you select a PVP server, you sign up for that kind of stuff happening.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:20 pm

Having an Anti-pk Veil would defeat the whole point of the veil.. the veil has just out lived its benefit..

The intention was to have an area people can massacre each other in. I'd make something more like the easy veil with faster spawn and good EXP. That way its farmed similar to Hell knights, but the drop rate for the runes would have to drop due to spawn rate

phpBB [video]

Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:28 pm

Droprates of runes are already awful. If anything, I would say regular runes should drop more frequently, like every 5–10 minutes. 

Going 4+ hours without seeing one just should not happen.

Especially since their proping mechanisms are hidden and require hundreds of uses to find any statistically solid evidence of what properties they increase the chance of getting.

We know dupers like Mandoran most definitely already know their functions, giving them a continuous unfair advantage.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:36 pm

Add 2 new Veils Forts/Dungeons. Both Harder than current 3.

Buff Veil Rune + Tome Drop Rates

Add Break down system.

Gear would break into Shards for the relevant Item Level Gear Score (90+, 100+, 110+)

Replicate the Void Materials system and Add a new Gear Tier between Vexar and Oblivion, and a Tier slightly above Oblivion.

Gear Grafted there would be Tradable but hard to make.

Good/Rare Runes would have to be broken down as well for materials for the new Craftable Gear.

Rune Shards
Rune Fragments
Vexar Shards
Vexar Fragments
Draconic Shards
Adept Shards
Dirus Dust

Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3