View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Thought for PvP 

What if there was a weekly arena on a set day or something. end of the tournament people get PvP tokens based on position that can work towards Runes, Tomes, Gear, Pots, etc..

*Adding Updates as I reply back to comments and hear good ideas.

- Team Event PvP, Guild vs Guild,
- If all out brawl then teaming reduces total kills (your not killing your teamates) and not placing as high in competition.
- Class Specific events
- Vendors to allow purchasing of random gear to make pvp event character.

Last edited by XxStewartsxX on Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

How would you prevent this from being abused by those who are in a team?

phpBB [video]

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 pm

So it would be Dw/Warrior winning 90% of these "tournaments".

Or like Xen101 said.

Pass.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 pm

There needs to be something like this. Even if it's an event, but I like the weekly idea. We definitely need something to entice players to pvp. Killing each other used to be a pretty valid way of obtaining gear. It's more just bragging rights these days more than anything. So if you don't think you can win there is no up side to actually fighting people.

I'd really rather you be able to queue up, and get 1v1s rather than giant brawls, but I'd take either one. You get rewards for participating even if you suck just to entice people to play it, but the better you do the better the rewards or more tokens you get. The tokens don't even have to be used to give really good gear. There could be some mid tier of gear you can get from it, but also perks or potions obtainable through the tokens.

Teaming might be a problem in brawls, but aoe damage is so powerful as long as links are hitting each other with aoe that would solve most of the problems. If it's 1v1 there is no teaming issues at all. I'd love this type of content. Give me content!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:16 pm

Honestly let teaming be a thing. Who cares, there needs to be more things to do. If you don’t like that aspect don’t play and don’t get the tokens.

Also teaming could have downsides as well, if you are teaming your not getting kill points in the brawl cuz your focusing on other links. If you are in there to straight up kill all like we used to do back in like 2004? At xencon in Oconto Wi at our local computer shop. There was just all out brawls to win the xen on helm which was so fun!

Other ideas for this are you could just do guild vs guild events as well.

Or make the tournament have vendors inside the arena you get x amount of gold to buy for your char and have to build your char accordingly and then have the PvP. This could change weekly (lvls, tomes, runes, everyone has same item. Something different)

The point is allow us to pvp or something different as a community. We need ideas to involve everyone and grow.

Honestly I hate pvp I don’t even do it but I would join in on the pvp event just for fun cuz it’s something else to do and allow me to save to buy something. We need to stop focusing on people we don’t like and focus on improving the gameplay for all.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 pm
Profile WWW

Personally, I think the idea is a bit too forced? I think fights that happen naturally and over stuff in the real game are way more enjoyable than planned fights.

With that being said, I do love the ideas that you mention of changing the script of these planned fights to make it a more dynamic experience for players.

If it were up to me, I'd probably focus on different things BUT this is an idea that if it was implemented, I can understand the draw.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]