View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The REAL issue at hand 

I've noticed the common theme in all this is the availability of gear. People don't want a wipe because it took them 10 years to get what they've got, which isn't much. Gear duping and gear buying are both being done because of the availability of gear.

Seems to me like the solution is simple. Wipe and then up the drop rates by literally 1000x for 3 months, then drop it down to 100x what it is now and leave it there. Several people have made the excellent point that gear never drops. EJ's probably been adjusting drop rates and gear availability based on how much gear enters the game, and it's mostly entered through duping instead of dropping.

Pretty much all of the gripes that have resulted in poor changes over the years have been based on the idea of keeping gear exclusive and rare. No other game indulges in this insanity. Is there rare gear? Sure, but the rarest gear in the game is almost never the best gear in the game. Or if it is, it's not by much. Gear means massive gulfs in power in Xenimus. It shouldn't require a 20 year career in the game to have a decent setup.

To be clear, I don't think we should all be in moon robes and sun staffs. But it should be possible, after grinding for hours a week for half a year, to possess a few legendary items. Currently, even WITH all this duped gear in the game, you can't promise that. Plat doesn't get you there, because it's value has been destroyed by duping as well.

One of the main reasons there are so few players now is because Xenimus simply can't support it. There isn't enough gear, even with all the duped gear floating around, for people to gear up all their characters. The map doesn't have enough leveling spots/spawn to accomodate 100 people playing simultaneously, Xen gets to feeling crowded when 50 people are on.

Besides, making gear less impossible to get is the best way to deter gear buying and gear duping, which seem to be everyone's major concerns. Why risk getting your account deleted if you can't really profit from it? Why buy something for hundreds in real life cash when you could grind for a few days and buy it instead?

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:29 am

Drop rates are different from duped gear. EJ didn't delete gear because there's too much gear in the game, he deleted it because there's too much DUPED gear in the game.

Although it does seem like EJ is of the mindset that there is already too much gear in the game. I'm asserting that the player base cannot grow without more gear. People play for a few months and then realize they've got literally years of hard work before they can have a good set of gear and quit. It's what keeps me from playing full time, I play for a few months and realize I've still got years before I can have the setup I want and eventually quit playing because it feels more like going to work than playing a video game.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:09 am

I couldn't agree more. I dont understand why gear is so scarce. Some people want everyone to pvp but people like me spent a long time casually playing to obtain one or two pieces of gear and don't want to lose a years worth of progression over one fight. Your solution would solve this, if it wouldn't take forever to get a decent set up, I as well as others would be more inclined to pvp.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:02 am

When the gear is more on a balanced playing field people will be able to compete more.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:08 am

Hard to compete when people have duped vovs adepts and other various perfect propped items not to mention the fact that high end gear was much more powerful than the basic level 65 gear.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 am

if gear was much more bunched together it wouldnt matter as much. if a vexar armor gave 10 ac more (and without other massive inbuilt stat advantages like +3 hp steal) than omni plate for example vexar armor can be extremely rare without it being an issue. It would also create more variety in gear set ups. I like the idea of certain items being rare and it being fun when you see it. What is boring is when everyone is a clone of each other.

The key is that the super rare gear should only give a very slight advantage (or maybe even only look better) than the more obtainable gear

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:34 am

Alpha Savage wrote:
Hard to compete when people have duped vovs adepts and other various perfect propped items not to mention the fact that high end gear was much more powerful than the basic level 65 gear.

Not to mention that duped perfect propped gear all being 2-3hidden propped ALL with leech/chaoric.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 am

seriously wrote:
if gear was much more bunched together it wouldnt matter as much. if a vexar armor gave 10 ac more (and without other massive inbuilt stat advantages like +3 hp steal) than omni plate for example vexar armor can be extremely rare without it being an issue. It would also create more variety in gear set ups. I like the idea of certain items being rare and it being fun when you see it. What is boring is when everyone is a clone of each other.

The key is that the super rare gear should only give a very slight advantage (or maybe even only look better) than the more obtainable gear

I 100% agree with this.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:31 am

seriously wrote:

Well said!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

i completely agree with this. I have always said that gear drops to infrequent. ive played for literally 20 years and the best drop ive ever gotten from a mob was an omni axe... that in no way fair or makes any sense. if you make gear more equal, and make it to where the person who wants to buy gear for 1000s of dollars instead of hunting for it really can barely if at all get an advantage over someone who wants to play by the rules and not buy gear then people wont want to buy gear or it will just make it more of a level playing field.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next