View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cons Square Concept! 

I strongly believe an updated cons sq would be a healthy addition to Xen.

My concept below is to have a sliver cliff around the sq to prevent sq hopping and to help cycle gear and pots out of the game. Also within 50x screens of this sq only alignment (not jeloc) will be lost when killing players that are not in pvp mode.

The portal on the sq will take you to the cons merch house.

Please note I am no graphic designer and this is just a concept:
https://ibb.co/X8y1vGZ

Concept #2 (this is the back-drop my sup drac staff deserves!)
https://imgur.com/a/QXyDB6n

Last edited by hii on Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:49 am
Profile WWW

This looks like a design straight out of Gucci!

I think a big change for PVP in general would be to discourage town fighting across all towns. T1 is the most convenient town to do this because of the portals, bank, square, and merchants all being basically within a screens distance apart and Rygaron won't bother you if you fight. Maybe if there were more Gene's in the world to discourage this kind of Square Hopping PVP it would inject some risk/skill into PVP that's been lacking.

A square like this is super interesting though conceptually. I vaguely recall a square-like area (maybe before squares were safe-areas) in the middle of the ocean way back in the oldest version I can remember and that was super cool to me.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 am

[quote="epicchase"]This looks like a design straight out of Gucci!

A square like this is super interesting though conceptually. I vaguely recall a square-like area (maybe before squares were safe-areas) in the middle of the ocean way back in the oldest version I can remember and that was super cool to me.[/quote]

Holy Crap! I completely forgot about the sq in the ocean! That was Epic!

Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:04 am
Profile WWW

That ^^^ actually gave me a good idea so I made another concept! Thanks epicchase! :lol:

Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 am
Profile WWW

Just remove squares completely (except cons) and make all towns (except cons) non-pvp regardless of -all or not.

Would force people out of T1 and into a pvp area, like we used to see years ago.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:55 am

hii wrote:
That ^^^ actually gave me a good idea so I made another concept! Thanks epicchase! :lol:

pass

Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm

Or, maybe just make it a cooldown on square, if you initiated a fight your PVP cooldown should effect the square too. You started the fight dont be scared and run to the square.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 pm

The flow of players is something that doesn't gets much consideration; but is absolutely fundamental to the success of Xen.

The T7 DS era was amazing; players were forced across servers to meet in the full PVP DS. GvE forced people to hang out at the full PVP cons sq.

In both scenarios people met in full pvp but it wasn't full pvp across Xenimus (which people don't want, case in point why full pvp server failed).

These days we have rules-based PVP in T1; which is not free flowing and doesn't capture the on sq/off sq classic PVP of Xen.

People STILL MEET in cons, but there is no reason to head to SQ any more - we could achieve the on sq/off sq dynamic by simply removing the walls of cons merch.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

kannun wrote:
Or, maybe just make it a cooldown on square, if you initiated a fight your PVP cooldown should effect the square too. You started the fight dont be scared and run to the square.

Which means characters should not be able to velo buff/ str buff their chats or any other chars while standing in square.

There's ppl who use 3rd party bot/apps to never autolog so they can perms stand in t1 sq so they can velo themselves.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Loki wrote:
kannun wrote:

Which means characters should not be able to velo buff/ str buff their chats or any other chars while standing in square.

There's ppl who use 3rd party bot/apps to never autolog so they can perms stand in t1 sq so they can velo themselves.

I'd like to bring up the degenerative uses of alt accounts to EJ in a separate post/discussion but yeah, this is an issue albeit not a major one.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next