View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Heal on hit 

Pvp was boring before the HoH update just saying.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:31 pm

If Heal on Hit is the only thing that allows melee to hunt in certain spots then the classes/buffs need more work. HoH shouldn't be the answer to this when it's applied across the board, in my opinion. There are other knobs to turn that don't include HoH as a prop in it's current iteration.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 pm

melees were fine as is before. heal on hit just made it super ez mode. pve is more fun with it. pvp is fine mostly.
to say its broken is the opinion of 1 turd island cuz he no longer 2 shots the game.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:41 pm

epicchase wrote:
I have some design concerns over heal on hit, because when a certain hit chance threshold is hit players just get healed more than any damage they could possibly receive outside of getting outright one-shotted. Obviously this causes issues for hunting area balance as well as further class balance because certain classes are built to take more hits by virtue of armor/block/dodge than others. Stacking is an issue, but part of that is due to how much you can stack it on your gear to make it proc so often.

The concept of the buff is fine, imo. I don't think is belongs as a proc chance outside of rare/unique ones like maximus was. Having more than like 9% chance with a full loadout of gear shouldn't be a thing without a high cost of lost offensive props. I feel like a heal over time effect would be better served as a class specific buff, skill, or spell for a class that's meant to provide support and/or be tanky as a primary function. Having it be so widespread will simply cause too much trouble for EJ in the long term.

Yet all mages at end game, have more hp than melees because of the ability to add 60+ cons with no penalty, along with equal ac. Heal on hit also benefits a mage way more than it does a melee, we do a lot less damage, but hit a lot faster procing way more, ontop of noxa or any other skills to add dmg, fragor etc. We just heal mages 50x more than we get healed by it.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 am

Of course the inverse is also true for PVP since I mentioned hunting areas for melee being a balance concern and didn't mention PVP.

PVP issues are yet another reason why Heal on Hit shouldn't be applied to all classes as a prop on items that's stackable.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 am

Original Mi law wrote:
epicchase wrote:
I have some design concerns over heal on hit, because when a certain hit chance threshold is hit players just get healed more than any damage they could possibly receive outside of getting outright one-shotted. Obviously this causes issues for hunting area balance as well as further class balance because certain classes are built to take more hits by virtue of armor/block/dodge than others. Stacking is an issue, but part of that is due to how much you can stack it on your gear to make it proc so often.

The concept of the buff is fine, imo. I don't think is belongs as a proc chance outside of rare/unique ones like maximus was. Having more than like 9% chance with a full loadout of gear shouldn't be a thing without a high cost of lost offensive props. I feel like a heal over time effect would be better served as a class specific buff, skill, or spell for a class that's meant to provide support and/or be tanky as a primary function. Having it be so widespread will simply cause too much trouble for EJ in the long term.

Yet all mages at end game, have more hp than melees because of the ability to add 60+ cons with no penalty, along with equal ac. Heal on hit also benefits a mage way more than it does a melee, we do a lot less damage, but hit a lot faster procing way more, ontop of noxa or any other skills to add dmg, fragor etc. We just heal mages 50x more than we get healed by it.

then add more cons. MElees literally ALL go 101 agility.

Tone back to 71 and add 30 cons and stop crying.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 am

I've said it since the day he implemented it, it's a great feature. I don't mind that it's not a class specific thing, although that could be one route to go with it, the problem that I have had since day one is that it's extremely overpowered.

I don't PVP so I can't speak to it's effect there, but it's made PvE a cakewalk. I was already displeased when I returned recently to find that leveling is incredibly boring now, but with the addition of HoHc PVE is completely dull. You have exactly a 0.000000000000% chance of finding anything worthwhile, an even less chance of dying, and you'll be 70 in no time with just NDNTs.

I like the feature, it's just too overpowered. The only way I've died since it's been implemented is by being 1-shot. Keep making xenimus more boring and you'll keep seeing the player base shrink.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:48 pm

I think it's great PVE just Change it to not proc in PVP mode. Just like insta port / pop.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:27 am

heal on hit needs to be capped

i say 10% max

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 am

Yeah this def needs to be nerfed in pvp it’s pointless to pvp rn because of the HOH

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2