View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 clunky feeling 

Shabam wrote:
as right now it's just a trial and error process clicking around which makes it feel "sluggish".

Exactly.

EJ, other than "logic", why restrict us from transing "through" something like a staircase. I cannot see this being abusive in anyway compared to making us walking around it. Xen1.0 deals with transing so well which is why we grew so comfortable with it and why Xen2.0 feels so "sluggish".

I was under the impression that your idea/goal for Xen2.0 was to keep the same "feel" as Xen1.0 but have it within an improved game engine which has numerous benefits. Restricting us from transing "through" walls and "around" objects like we can in Xen1.0 takes away from that feel. Just one example of how this will affect the feel/gameplay: one of the major advantages that Mages get when PVPing Melee is the ability to accurately trans around obstacles that will block the Melee character from directly following the Mage thus allowing the Mage to fire off a few offensive spells before the Melee gets to hitting distance. Mages will not be viable in the fast-paced PVP environment if they are missing their trans with the trail and error process of clicking around and finding a spot that you can trans to.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:20 pm

I totally understand whats being said here. Some of the areas I've seen where you can't trans over, sometimes doesn't make sense. Like some imaginary wall is there.

I'm sure in some areas it would make sense to have those sort of line of sight mechanics. However, reducing those areas will put mages in combat in a very bad place.

phpBB [video]

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm

bottlecup wrote:
pic alot

lol can't trans over a bridge or onto a bridge. #feelsBadman

Honestly i don't see the purpose in restricting the areas at all, make the game feel like it should because the graphics on 2.0 is f**king amazing lol. Seeing some of those pictures kinda amazed me lol. If the "feel" for it ever gets fixed i'll play it with no issues.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Shabam wrote:
ejthayer wrote:
That is not a bug, it is just logical.

What exactly is logical about it? It's a transportation spell from one place to another, to a player it is less logical that you can not transport through objects, as people don't see it as a spell that moves you through things, but rather from one spot directly to another, you shouldn't have to go "through" anything from a player perspective.

It's also not clearly stated by for example different type of tiles, or the mouse cursor icon changing letting you know it is possible, what you can actually transport to. If you were to keep the current system, I would think that is a better solution, as right now it's just a trial and error process clicking around which makes it feel "sluggish".

+1, and what Im talking about with attack run, is oepn areas that I should be able to run thru, without any aspects for the collison detection on items.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:40 pm
Site Admin

The bridge goes up and is in your way, you can't trans through solid stone objects. Same is true with stairs. If I allow you to trans through stone then you can trans through walls also.

I was allowing more transporting at the beginning then ended up deleting a few players for abusing it. People were transporting past the stairs into the void area and using that to get to places they were not supposed to. I'm sure you know this, please stop the idiotic questions.

I will figure out a way to allow the trans over the bridge but not the stairs.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 am

ejthayer wrote:
The bridge goes up and is in your way, you can't trans through solid stone objects. Same is true with stairs. If I allow you to trans through stone then you can trans through walls also.

I was allowing more transporting at the beginning then ended up deleting a few players for abusing it. People were transporting past the stairs into the void area and using that to get to places they were not supposed to. I'm sure you know this, please stop the idiotic questions.

I didnt know this as I just started Xen2 around a week ago, I noticed you CAN trans thru the giant stones at stone elementals tho.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 am

Bam Margera wrote:
ejthayer wrote:

I didnt know this as I just started Xen2 around a week ago, I noticed you CAN trans thru the giant stones at stone elementals tho.

stop with the tuard remarks

(warhammer age of reckoning)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2