View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Fighters 
Site Admin

There are several other areas near that level, what is wrong with those places?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:22 am

What I believe he is saying is that a Melee types spin damage is not doing sufficient amount of damage to level smoothly.

When you reach level 6sh on a paladin for example it takes me about 6 spins to kill a skeleton. On the contrary I can use my flamma spell on him and kill them in 2-3. So it kinda throws you off.

It took me until about level 13 to kill skeletons in 2-3 spins while mages were one shotting them with agredi at like level 9

phpBB [video]

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:54 am
melee area damage is low considering enemy damage is so high (casters can avoid taking, melee cant with spin/juxta) and youd be lucky to be able to spin 2-3 times on a melee unless you have massive mp base which is impossible unless som1 helps you out

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 am
Site Admin

You are not supposed to be using spin to kill one skeleton. In fact this idea that aoe attacks or spells should be used to level is getting out of hand. All forms of aoe appear to be too strong on both versions of the game. Wind spells for example should not be standard hunting spells.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 pm
im confused. Isnt your AOE skill meant to be used to hunt?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 pm
Everything in xenimus is a secret. AOE proper use has not been discovered yet. Can anyone imagine the amount of time to level 1-70 with ??? beam? cause if my suspicions are right beam is for leveling.

Really if we don't know how to hunt after 15+ years, Ej please indulge us.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:15 pm
In xenimus only one man knows how ANYTHING properly works SOOO.. We do things the best way we can or know how. Telling us that's not how this or that works means absolutely nothing to us since, its often the only way we can figure out how to do something.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:20 pm
Site Admin

I'm just speaking from a design standpoint. An aoe of any kind should not be something you would want to use on a single target. It should be more efficient to use a single targeting attack of some sort. An aoe should be more of a raid/group spell.

I know you use them as a main method of attack, but that is probably not the best design. I don't plan on changing it, but it has been on my mind recently.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:46 pm
Yes I think We can all agree aoe not for single target.

However who really hunts single target? On x2 yes I hunted single target at every leveling area just to get my foot in the door.

Leveling in xenimus is not as hard as it used to be however it is still probably one of the top grinds of any games i've played.
The point people are trying to get across is that melee characters in both version of Xenimus have low damage.

Anyone disagree?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 pm

If there is a buff to melee AoE. It should be specifically to PvE. A lot of the buffing should be more specific to PvE. Melees in 2.0a are not competing. (This does not include rangers because that’s not a melee class )

phpBB [video]

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next