View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fighters 
I'm sure its hard for E.J. to balance anyway when alot of people don't even have play enough to get to a reasonable level Before they complain.

How do you know this buff should be pve only xen101? only 3 melee in 2.0 are over 30 and your not one of them. I'm not against it being pve only. but you don't even have a legitimate reason.
their was a level52 ranger who died to a 33 cleric everyday multiple times a day before he just quit. Did you know that?

people want to chime in on 2.0 but don't even play 2.0 or dont even play enough to get past t1 quest's

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Ej has said he does not want spin pvp to be a thing. That’s why I said PvE.

I don’t base anything on fighting currently on xenimus because we need the environment to be prepared for multiple players

phpBB [video]

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 am
rexor wrote:
I'm sure its hard for E.J. to balance anyway when alot of people don't even have play enough to get to a reasonable level Before they complain.

How do you know this buff should be pve only xen101? only 3 melee in 2.0 are over 30 and your not one of them. I'm not against it being pve only. but you don't even have a legitimate reason.
their was a level52 ranger who died to a 33 cleric everyday multiple times a day before he just quit. Did you know that?

people want to chime in on 2.0 but don't even play 2.0 or dont even play enough to get past t1 quest's

I think that what Xen101 said is legitimate because he has played the game and has plenty of experience playing it on both versions. You don't have to get a character 30+ to know there is an issue. That is like saying until you are over level 30 your opinion doesn't matter and for a game trying to make it on steam is a death sentence. PVE has to be sorted so people can level before PVP can even be a legitimate thought. I have tried a variety of characters on 2.0 and I can tell you that Melee characters are stupid hard to level due to the lack of damage. Spin is a joke due to the fact that you can barely use it due to the MP cost (or low mp). You can get a mage class to level 20 in a matter of hours but on a melee class you are looking at days of leveling. Overall point being spin needs some help either through a PVE damage increase or mp cost reduction or mixture of both to support leveling.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:51 pm

If rex is the high level player thats on 2.0, I'm sure he has experience, but my point is that 2.0 isn't currently about PvP.. It's about content and preparing for a very smooth entry to steam.

Leveling is easier than before, but some basic quests, content and a few other things like making the lower levels "easy" make it so players who join into the game WANT to stay active. Then they will see the difficulty of Xen shine out later in the game.

phpBB [video]

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 pm
You're right I thought about it. E.J. doesn't want spin in pvp. Why are mages using flame wind? Evil beam? ice wind? I guess the only solution is to nerf every aoe spell in the game until it's not even useful to pvp with let alone level.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:54 pm
Can you imagine if thousands or even 500 players flooded xen how leveling would be. If xen was released on steam in its current state and even 500 players got on for a week they would have such a terrible time trying to level it would be taken off steam with the quickness...again... Im not saying this to be mean or antixen
Im rooting for the game and want to see it do well thats why i bring up this concern. There needs to be ample leveling spots for every 5 levels minimum and every class needs to be on an equal playing field while leveling. And ejs done a great job lately about adding new spots. Whether he intends for them to be leveling spots or not why not kill 2 birds w one stone. Many spots that serve a function are great for leveling, but few get to them because of some classes being honestly unlevelable and STILL the lack of leveling spots for new chars. If 500 new people joined tomorrow and say 25% picked war where would they level and would they be able to level? Those are the questions you need to think about ej when entering the steam world. Im scared about when its put on steam. 500 new people would be a scary site currently.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 pm

the real issue from testing on my level 40 mele on 2.0 is the weapons seem almost too weak to damage the mobs at higher levels (30+).

i think you guys are maybe missing ejs point. hes saysing u shouldnt be spinning ONE mob rather u should mele hit it. multiple mobs r for spin. however there is rarely a time when u fight only one mob. if u pull one u usually agro more around it due to mele fragor going off luring in more mobs.

i think it might be weapon damage because u have to wait 5 more levels for the same gear u would have on x1 AND i have tested mele hitting one of the skeletons for the purpose of this post and it takes 7-8 hits that a mage can 1-2 beam/aoe.

maybe weapon damage can get a buff and put on a curb to match the 65+equip leel stuff on 1.0 on the top end.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 am
Ej said the idea that aoe spells are to be used to level is getting out of hand. So he's implying you should kill one monster at a time melee hitting or beaming. It takes days to gain a level killing mobs in groups. Killing them 1 at a time to lvl?? Gimmie a Fn break as for the rest of your post Oblivion i agree. Same with my 40 warrior

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:32 pm
You have to test damage on 1 mob. That was the only point of saying it takes x amount of spins to kill a skelly. Once you test how many spins it takes for 1 you move to groups to lvl. If it even takes 5 spins and casters are 2 beaming they arent on even ground. Especially since melees need to get closer and mages hit from a distance. The answer isnt to nerf any class that will just make lvling slower for everyone. I think the answer is to either up melee weapon damage or buff spin. Either would work. And this is coming from a caster, though ive played melees on x2

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:44 pm
ejthayer wrote:
I'm just speaking from a design standpoint. An aoe of any kind should not be something you would want to use on a single target. It should be more efficient to use a single targeting attack of some sort. An aoe should be more of a raid/group spell.

I know you use them as a main method of attack, but that is probably not the best design. I don't plan on changing it, but it has been on my mind recently.

So make single target spells more viable to enemies or lower aoe damage and increase exp earned while increasing hp steal/mp props or adding it to more items. I'm not talking overboard. Just my 2 cents.

I agree AoE might be high compared to single target, but i don't think just lowering the aoe Damage will help. Especially for classes like druids who already have crap aoe damage and single target.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next