View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Class balancing 
Site Admin

I know that class balancing has been a concern on 2.0. Some people have emailed me about it and I have responded that I wanted to find the crash bug before dealing with class balancing. Well a fairly major crash bug fix is coming out soon, so along with that I could address some class balance issues. Please post your opinions here and I will see what changes can be included with the crash bug fix update.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:28 am

Warrior / Pally - PVE Spin needs higher damage

Cleric / Diabolist - Combine

Wizard - damage buff

Druid - Cast speed needs to be looked at

Warlock - multi increase

Dark War - AOE needs to be increased

Also remove HP pots from pvp.

Last edited by maybethisisyou on Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:34 am

I play two of the weakest hunting characters on 2.0: diabolist/cleric and darkwar.

The first thing I'd ask is that you take 1.0 criticism with a grain of salt, they've been here for a little over a week and haven't had to level and do actual content. I've leveled my characters solely on 2.0.

I think what would help the most is if we got a clear indication from you on what you feel classes should be like regarding overall tankiness vs damage output and general play style of the character.

It is much more difficult for a cleric/diabolist to hunt the same areas that any other identically geared mage type can hunt. They have no mobility and therefore must get hit by all of these mobs where other mage classes cannot.

Darkwars cannot hunt any end-game content, period. Juxta damage does about the same amount as weapon fragor damage, and single-target meleeing mobs is almost impossible because of the amount of defend mobs have.

Druids are overpowered. Sidus is incredibly fast and the damage output is really high. Their pets are still very overpowered -- though i think this is due to a bow damage issue, as they generally only hurt that much when druids enchant monsters that don't wear weapons naturally and equip lightning bows on them. Currently, the charmed monsters have a ton of hp, are very difficult to kill, and do tons of damage with lightning bows. There is a mechanism in game right now that can buff your pet so much that it basically 2-shots any character in game. Their dull senses also procs, in my opinion, too frequently.

Shadow damage is specifically on a lot of weapons and armors. Spirit damage is not -- but if the argument is that it IS... i'm not talking about maces that require str points to wear nor am I talking about level 30-40 items. Spriit damage is fairly difficult to max out when compared to warlock/shadow and wizard/energy.

Warrior stomp should only effect others if you are in pvp with that character. Currently you have warriors spamming stomp while on monsters to mess with you in town when pvping friends or in raids to grief players, take boss aggro and reset boss health.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:38 am

Overall:
Increase Magic Power on all melee classes. Cant buff or use multi spells well
Increase the amount of HP/MP steal in game. Steals dont seem to work at all at low levels and dont seem decent at higher levels. (maybe its a class thing)
Increase the regen of HP/MP. At lower levels it seems to not regen at all.
Allow for found items to come with RANDOM properties. You get the same rotation of found items, and they are all blank in props.
Increase the drop rate from chests. 2.0 did very well in the beginning by giving good items from chests at lower levels. It got removed.
Look into the quests you have in game. Claree for example says "kill master warlocks" but master warlocks do not exist in 2.0.
Increase the drop rate on LSA's. This is a given here.
Allow for more areas to be marked. Do not understand why this is a thing. But transing from one side of the map to the other takes forever.
Increase the power of bosses. Have them run faster. Cast more spells. ETC .They seem to be getting downed with almost nothing equipped. You just need potions.
Remove Vis Habus Potion and Omni Habus potion from working in PvP. Also, wipe them and increase their drop rate.
Have a PvP indicator. If you do not want one for 2.0. Say you dont want one for 2.0.
Make some sort of change to houses so other guilds can obtain them and make use of them.
Fix the text issue in game. The texts falll behind objects and lights
Fix the target dummys. They bug out
Give admins WC mute ban
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warrior
Increase Magic Power. Cant even buff themselves properly.
Increase the power of Str for multi spell. Spin is meh for the amount of point you put into Str.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paladin
Slight increase in Magic Power
Increase the power of Str for multi spell. Spin is meh for the amount of point you put into Str.
Have the Regen All ability function with Inner Str. It would be useful for Bosses.
Ranger
Increase Magic Power. Cant buff properly. Cant use multi properly. Cant really do anything. Magic Power is low
Increase multi spell damage.
Allow for higher area of aggro.
Spirit shot is bad. Increase the damage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DarkWar
Increase the Magic Power. For a half warlock class it has VERY low Magic Power
Increase juxta damage... by alot. Juxta is easily the worst multi in game.
Allow for the Flamma ability to be a stronger single damage spell. It is a weak spell.
Shadow Form shouldnt leave when you cast Invisible or you use Hide skill. (if intended, then its intended)
Maybe allow for the use of hats and robes, to be a mage like darkwar (just a random idea)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cleric
Increase SINGLE target damage spells. They are weak.
Slight buff to corrupt armor.
Add a Multi Magnus Almus? To just cast almus on a whole damn group.
Dont know much more on this class
Wizard/Warlock
I think they sit in a good area right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Druid
Nerf the cast speed on sidus. I am pretty sure something is busted in the code for them. 1.0 cast speed is like .50.
Nerf the charming of mobs. You can charm ultra level 92 mobs AND then hit them with the buffs that players get from shrines and sh*t. Add some lightning bows on them and they are BROKEN
Increase the power of their Extrudere ability.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all that came to my mind. I will add more when i remember.

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:11 am

Let me preface this by saying that I didn't intend on actually using my forum account for anything but browsing but you have piqued my interest here. Depending on how serious you are about class balancing I'm offering to attempt to level up any number of classes and critique the experience and give feedback based on the parameters you set for the task. If others are serious about class balancing, we could all band together and level new characters and upload our experiences to YouTube for review. Hypothetically we could turn this into a functional Beta Test for Xenimus 2.0 and work out a ton of issues in the span of a few months. I'm willing to volunteer my time, I'm not asking anyone else to (although it would be great), just let me know if this is something you would be interested in EJ, the ball is in your court.

Currently opinions

Wizard - multi starts strong at low level, doesn't quite feel right at level 66 can reconfirm at 70
Paladin - Spin is basically like hitting things with a wet noodle, standing in warriors shadow

Offtopic: HP Potions and T3 House Buff are going to make class balancing harder to achieve, T3 buff should only be for character levelling, and Hp Potions should only be for hunting in harder areas, right now people are using HP Potions for PVP and it breaks the game balance.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:16 am

Only been playing on a 70 since the copyx2 thing, so zero opinion on classes balancing except with everyone running around in 10k HP from Hp potions in PVP, I wouldn't be able to tell what classes are strong or weak.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:36 am

Loki wrote:
Only been playing on a 70 since the copyx2 thing, so zero opinion on classes balancing except with everyone running around in 10k HP from Hp potions in PVP, I wouldn't be able to tell what classes are strong or weak.

+1 I say remove hp pots from pvp starting immediately, that way we can really test out and see for our selves what balancing is really needed, like loki said with 10k hp and nobody dying until they run out, its kind of hard to test any of this out.

Ive only played druid and pally at 70, i can say sidus is def a bit faster than it probably should be, although I dont see much change from low cast speed to having really high cast speed, something is probably broken there.. For my pally spin is super weak, ive lvled a pally to 60 legit also and it was basically useless until after level 40, but even then any mage would 2-3 bomb sh*t that would take 10-15 spins at the same level. (while also being much slower)

Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:09 am

Paladins - lack the ability to hunt end game areas due to low spin damage and taking high amounts of magic damage without the ability to get more amp easily.

druids- need cast speed reviewed, pets nerfed players still are charming lvl 95+ pets and equipping with bows these pets are then given additional buffs and are stronger than players.

diabolist- extremely slow at hunting could use vaxtar malus "multi" speed increase possibly to help. diabolist must tank hits from everything they kill however they steal hp slow and have a low hp pool. The fact armor spell bonus does not appear to be working may also be affecting this class pretty hard since they do not receive the higher-level armor spells such as other mages.

darkwars- Extremely good pvp class but could use some juxta dmg for farming/lvling

T3/solus town buffs need nerfed these buffs allow players to gain way too much survivability and max level strength / speed buffs this makes the paladin seemingly useless while also allowing players to do content they are not even close to being an appropriate level for. Maybe once a player is 65 reduce the amount of buff this gives tremendously and keep it as a PVE leveling tool mainly.

ALL Potions that provide HP green elixers, omnihabus, vishabus, should off in combat

In a post above someone said bosses are easily killed and can be done in zero gear this is a false statement. Logs can show on most occasion ty grim is not even killed whether it be lack of dps, not enough players, under geared players fact remains that statement is currently false. Obviously with more and better geared players in the future he may become an easy kill player eventually find a way to breeze through content I don't know a solution for this but eventually it happens in every mmo.

Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:52 pm

Diabolist - red beam cast speed feels slow. Not being able to cast red beam and move really hinders this class. Trans feels like it has a small delay after casting. It doesn’t feel as smooth as x1 trans. Red beam damage needs increase. It can take 5-6 beams to take down monsters that other classes can down in 1-3 multis. Disintegrate doesn’t feel like it makes much of a difference when killing monsters.

— EJ Thayer

Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 am

Would be nice if clerics got double egg at lvl 70, freeing up a ring slot for something other than SCI would help

Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next