View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Class balancing 

Rygaron wrote:
Warrior -- maybe it's time to undo this Barbarian/Fighter merge because I want enough MP to actually cast my buffs as a Warrior and I never liked playing Barbarian....

I came back to Xenimus after a very long absence and my character (which I transferred to x2) is now a class I don't enjoy much, even though people tell me it's a very powerful one. It feels more oriented toward the barbarian players than the fighter players.

The mp nerf came many years later, had nothing to do with the class merge, they had pretty good mp still after that.

Last edited by Original Mi law on Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:34 am

Original Mi law wrote:
Rygaron wrote:
Warrior -- maybe it's time to undo this Barbarian/Fighter merge because I want enough MP to actually cast my buffs as a Warrior and I never liked playing Barbarian....

I came back to Xenimus after a very long absence and my character (which I transferred to x2) is now a class I don't enjoy much, even though people tell me it's a very powerful one. It feels more oriented toward the barbarian players than the fighter players.

Barbarians and Fighters didnt actually get merged, he just removed the barbarian class altogether and anyone who was a barbarian became a warrior which is just the name change for fighter with a couple extra skills. If anything pallys got the merge as we can weild 2 hand and shield. The mp nerf came many years later.

Barb and Figs did get merged, note the skills
(Amp Skill, Fierce Warrior - Barb Skills)
(Sure Hit, Berserk - Fig Skills)

Orig Warriors did use 2h + Shield, but ej changed it to pally for the 2h

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:44 pm

Well he created a new class with them, but the point was the mp had nothing to do with it.

Anywho back to balance update, I regeared my 70 pally with 65 gear and perfect dk sword, and I don't think it's just their spin that needs to be looked at, I know for pvp the melee dmg is non existent, every one seems to out regenerate the dmg I am dealing out even with town buff on.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:56 pm

Town buff seems like another buff that should just be disabled during PvP. A lot of these exterior buffs are more harmful to pvp than it is beneficial.

ALL of those buffs should just get removed FROM PLAYER VS PLAYER.

Green elixir
Vis habus pot
Omni habus pot
Vis maximus potion
Glowing potion (if it exists)
ALL of the outside sourced buffs. (Terthius, evil side, that one random tree, east side dungeon, whatever)

Simply just allow rage potion/battle scrolls as way to increase PvP. You will get much better balancing from that.

To add on also if possible.. Please allow for buffs done by players (velocitas, paladin buff, etc) to only be a distance thing. IF you receive a paladin buff from a player, and travel too far away from that source... let that buff source disappear. This includes in PvE, but definitely PvP.

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:29 pm
Forum Moderator

When you say PVP, the assumption is that means the character is on -all or -enemies correct? So as long as someone is on -monsters it does not apply.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:56 pm

PrincessNesbianna wrote:
When you say PVP, the assumption is that means the character is on -all or -enemies correct? So as long as someone is on -monsters it does not apply.

Not necessarily. Certain zones on 1.0 auto pvp flag you. If EJ were to bring those to 2.0 (think veil), then i think all of that falls off immediately regardless of if are actively attacking or being attacked by some other player.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:26 pm
Forum Moderator

Agree, veil automatically puts you into pvp mode. So does healing or charging someone already in pvp - and occasionally it appears to be random. The point though is that generally if you stay on monsters you don't lose the advantages of your potions.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:48 pm

Correct Nesb.. What i essentially mean is that if the player is looking to KILL or in some cases DEFEND themselves in combat. Those exterior buffs will disappear.

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:01 pm

I cant say much more than what has already been said but I need to echo a few because they would be huge QOL improvements for classes or balances that are needed.

Diabolist - slow cast speed on evil beam & not being able to move while casting it is a disadvantage.

Dwar - Juxta damage is terrible no matter how you build it (str, agi, int w/ burn) its just bad and the few of us that actually leveled dwars on 2.0 have paid a terrible price to get to max level.

Warrior - Spin PVE damage is lacking and severely gear dependent. If you have middle of the road gear you cant kill things efficiently at all, if you have amazing gear, you're viable but every warrior is not going to have God tier gear.

Druid (A few notes here):
-Cast Speed-
I did some testing on my druid and have witnessed this in pvp. Cast speed for druid seems to be the same regardless of what your cast speed actually is. For example, if I spam Sidus, I can cast it as fast as I can hit my button (buttons when I double bound it to test) with .95 cast speed, and exactly the same speed for .78 speed. It's a literal machine gun. Someone who has no gear but can spam the spell fast enough actually can hurt. Someone with gear, is extremely difficult to pvp against but not impossible. I think they should still be able to cast quickly, I enjoy the speed of my druid, but it seems broken. Again, I believe this to affect certain spells. Bomb works fine and seemed appropriate strength and quickness for leveling.
- Pets -
These do way too much damage and have for a long time. If I'm fully potted on Dwar with 600ac and 6k hp I don't think a pet should do 1500 damage per bow shot, there be 2 of them AND the pet owner be casting Sidus like a machine gun.
Additionally someone can sit on a boss and let lvl 92 animus attack it and tank it for any amount of time they want then leave. Then if they return 30 minutes later and stand on screen (doing no damage to said boss) they are loot eligible and receive 1st place dps. That doesn't seem right. Is this intended? Should I start sitting my druid on bosses then camping them for when a raid comes along for free loot?

Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:01 am
Profile WWW

To add to my post..

Melee characters in xenimus have always had the trouble of having to be either a PvE build or a PvP build. I think we should try and move away from that because it limits you to an either or situation.

Theres many ways we can try and solve that issue.

1- We can decrease monsters damage and hp to the point that a PvP build character can actually still function in PvE. Not the best way but an ok one.

2- We can adjust the damages and skills so that even during PvP build you can hunt. An example: A darkwar may do 500 damage with his melee swing. Decrease that damage in half, but up the damage on juxta on hit so it makes up for that loss in damage. Juxta on hit is an AoE ability, so it would allow the darkwar to still be a melee build, and use his melee swing to hit multiple monsters.

3- Separate PvE adjustments from PvP adjustments. If melee deal 500 damage in spin for PvP, up it for PvE and it does 1000 (example). But only to monsters, NOT PLAYERS.

4- Create an item that on use switches between your stats. EXAMPLE: A blue elixir can hold your PvE stats. A Red elixir would hold your PvP stats. This would not change your skill sets tho. Ej has to make some money some how. lol. This item would have a CD as well. So you cant just go around swapping every time you want. Like a 5-10 min CD.

Just an idea. Still can apply to mages as well.

phpBB [video]

Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next