View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Class balancing 

Sounds like a lot of work though, I feel like ej has anti pk dmg restrictions on this server, but the problem is if he removes it mages will be way too powerful, he should remove the pvp dmg reduction though and go from there. Melee dmg in pvp might actually be fine with 100% dmg, it could just be that mages dmg is a bit too powerful, this is a seperate issue tho from melee type multis not doing much dmg in pve either, especially dw. I know he said before for 2.0 that multi was meant to be weaker attack because it hits multiple targets, but melees multis are just way too underpowered compared to mage.

Edit- nvm their dmg is busted all around, can't kill anything in higher level zones, takes like 50 spins with ways more gear than my druid who clears those mobs in seconds, with spirit gear on.

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:12 am
Forum Moderator

Xen101 wrote:
To add to my post..

Melee characters in xenimus have always had the trouble of having to be either a PvE build or a PvP build. I think we should try and move away from that because it limits you to an either or situation.

Theres many ways we can try and solve that issue.

3- Separate PvE adjustments from PvP adjustments. If melee deal 500 damage in spin for PvP, up it for PvE and it does 1000 (example). But only to monsters, NOT PLAYERS.

Just an idea. Still can apply to mages as well.

I've brought this idea up before. I don't pvp, but changes to the game around balancing end up impacting both pve and pvp - and often the monsters strength and damage as well. Probably a large effort, but if the two were separated it would make pvp balancing easier to accomplish.

Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:05 pm

PrincessNesbianna wrote:
Xen101 wrote:
To add to my post..

Melee characters in xenimus have always had the trouble of having to be either a PvE build or a PvP build. I think we should try and move away from that because it limits you to an either or situation.

Theres many ways we can try and solve that issue.

3- Separate PvE adjustments from PvP adjustments. If melee deal 500 damage in spin for PvP, up it for PvE and it does 1000 (example). But only to monsters, NOT PLAYERS.

Just an idea. Still can apply to mages as well.

I've brought this idea up before. I don't pvp, but changes to the game around balancing end up impacting both pve and pvp - and often the monsters strength and damage as well. Probably a large effort, but if the two were separated it would make pvp balancing easier to accomplish.

Yes please that would be amazing! There is nothing worst then enjoying leveling a class and then not being able to play it anymore because it was strong in PvP

Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:18 pm

After doing rigorous testing dealing with mages, and melees....

Druid Cast is not broken - Now, hear me out... Sidus is fast, HOWEVER Don't use t3 buff, and sidus speed is normal, Once you get t3 buff im assuming its the adept velo, thats causing sidus speed to go insane.

Wiz, and lock Beams are also effected by t3 buff.

Cleric, and Druid Zap are effected by t3 buff.

Melee hit speed, and damage is effected by t3 buff.

EJ, Please don't just take my word for it, i can do videos, you can do testing, other people can do testing etc.

No sense in reducing something that isnt actually broken (cast speed), when its the t3 buff that is causing the extreme speeds

Simple solution would be to have T3 Buff, remove from your character when PvP mode is enabled, just how Omni, and Vish pots are on X1

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm

My druid hasnt left t1 and he has machine gun casting.

So when is this balance happening so we can actually test and enjoy more parts of 2.0

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:17 pm

Xen101 wrote:
My druid hasnt left t1 and he has machine gun casting.

So when is this balance happening so we can actually test and enjoy more parts of 2.0

Theres no possible way, I tested with my own character, and had others test with theirs, sidus speed only gets like that with t3 buff. (I haven't tested with Omni Velo to see if the result is similar though)

Then again your character could be bugged and mine not.

With out t3 buff, i get 2 sidus, a break 1 sidus. and continues in that pattern.

With the buff its like 6-7 before theres a break in sidus.

And here goes to show people dont want to fix whats actually wrong, or do actual testing they just want nerf this nerf that. well, wont fix the issue when every other class gets faster too... lol

phpBB [video]

Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 pm

Whenever I get home I can record it. It is still significantly faster then the other casters.

If you do sidus and compare it to the speed ipsum is at 1.0. You can see the actual speed sidus should likely be.

Think we can both agree that sidus and ipsum are two different speeds. By a lot

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:30 pm

At this point can we close this topic lol, it's just getting my hopes up that there will eventually be a update. Didn't he say like a weekend or 2 ago?

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:59 pm

well, he was working on releasing one this past weekend, but ended up having to leave he said.

so, goes to say he was unable to push out the patch.

but does seem like he has something in the works

Edit: There was a post that was on fourm, however it was taken down shortly after (i cant find it) screenshot was posted on discord.

This was when 2.0 was down, and projected to be down until today Monday 30th (but stated (monday jan 29th) typo by EJ im sure.

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:55 pm

Just did the druid test on a noob wit sidus and one at 70.. Both were casting sidus crazy fast for 1.0 speed. Neither one has EVER gotten t3 buff.

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next