View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Some things that were changed in x1, that should carry over. 

Anti pk boss raid area
Anti pk prop shrine
Disabling HP Pots in pvp mode
Penalty for pking 12 lvls lower on monsters - full hated can't go to town.
Just some quick ideas, will add more when i remember the others, not very fun when someone higher level offers a pvp, and you actually pvp back but then realize they have double hp pots on and you have no chance of dropping their hp. Broken mechanic.

Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:08 am

1) Maybe one day EJ will make a non-pvp server. One of the main points of Xenimus is the threat of pvp, not really much going on in the way of story line or quests. I remember always hovering over my esc key back in the good days of Xenimus, guess people have gone soft. NDNT gear, magic bags, redos and how abundant they are make losing gear non-existent. You can make the argument for more life-saving amulets but you don't even lose experience until 60+ now or drop inventory if you die to a monster 10+ levels higher.

2) I agree on the HP pots in pvp, no fun when mages can toe melee type but then we'd need todo the same with t3/external buffs. HP pots are currently easily accessible even to a 55. The only positive now is that it will help new players get use to pvp by having them last longer. Maybe once you hit a certain level they won't work in pvp but I'd welcome a change back, just won't allow non-experienced players to compete in pvp. EJ may have his reasons because this is suppose to be the game released on Steam, so players won't be use to the 10 sec fights.

3) You go full evil and get betrayal points for killing players alot lower than yourself. So no-one is going right back into town unless it happens right when there is a server reset. I would suggest that he makes an evil town, because it would confuse new players spawning back in a "good" town full evil and immediately die from a guard.

4) If your talking about our pvp, I wouldn't really have called it that. You don't do damage to a player in anti-pk zones until they go on -all, so no it wasn't hp pots just that the fight ended when I went on all.

Currently x2 has a very low population of players which has positive and negative effects. Since content is slim especially after you hit 70, pvp is really the only option. Tradable gear is rare and the drop tables seem to only drop specific gear and needs to be switched. Not enough good hunting locations (always an xen problem) but enough to avoid the low population if needed. X2 is a different game then we are use to playing, so it may take some more time to adjust or some people may thrive more.

But remember there is always x1 to play.

Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:32 pm

1) I mean you say maybe one day he will do a non pvp server... you do realize it is an anti pk server, hence why you can't pk in towns.. same as x1 was turned into, there are no pvp servers anymore, which is why all the same rules should apply. Best believe id love a full pvp server, Ej tried it and it failed(due to people abusing bugs that took weeks to fix, making everyone but a few people quit), I very much enjoyed it, but since this server is in fact an anti pk server as x1 why should it have different rules? Far from soft, but many players created a soft xenimus, either make it full pvp, or make the adjustments.

2) If ej wants a successful steam launch, the anti pk prop shrine and raids will be a must, new era is extremely toxic and will be griefing all new players all day long, no one will stick around to learn the game with players like that on there 24/7.

3) Find it hard to believe theres any penalty for pking lower levels, when new era literally killed my level 30 on his 70 20-30 times at prop shrine while i was trying to prop, and then went to town 1 30 minutes later. So if there is alignment loss and betrayals, that is not the same as being hated if your able to get align right after. (Unless he's abusing a bug)

4) I mean id hope the pvp would be over you got 10+ levels on me and in pvp gear, wasn't trying to win, but i know your whole link abuses hp pots for pvp.

Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:31 am

Doubtful he killed you 20-30 times. Once or twice? Sure.
But let's say he DID kill you 20-30 times at prop shrine, the question is why the hell would you keep running back to prop shrine to get whacked again?

Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:14 am

Purposely to see how far he would go, and thinking he would be stuck hated, but clearly was not the case. Most of it was re equipping lsa because he is extremely slow and couldn't kill me fast enough when I stood up to lsa.

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:06 pm

Most end game bosses should be anti pk. There's already enough going on at a raid. No one should have too worry about a troll.

Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:03 pm

Rygaron wrote:
"Disabling HP Pots in pvp mode"

That's a thing in x1 now? How do you PVP without pots?

HP Pots = Vish/Omnis

phpBB [video]

Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:58 am

thrash wrote:
Most end game bosses should be anti pk. There's already enough going on at a raid. No one should have too worry about a troll.

This goes both ways, you could end up with characters that join your raid that you don't want there. It is much more trolly to join a raid and not have to worry about the group you're crashing killing you.

The counter-argument to above is "well, just don't finish the boss while that guy is there". That's sacrificing the group for the one. I'd much rather just pk the party crasher.

One thing that might be nice though, is anti-trans, anti-attack run at boss areas + full pk. That is honestly how you de-troll the area.

Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:41 am

Kirigaya Kazuto wrote:
One thing that might be nice though, is anti-trans, anti-attack run at boss areas + full pk. That is honestly how you de-troll the area.

This would end up with a lot of complaining. Rangers sniping. Dw's walking faster than EVERYTHING inside those places. Mages showing up and players wanting to run away.

Ya that can be kinda bad.

phpBB [video]

Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:46 pm

Rygaron wrote:
"Disabling HP Pots in pvp mode"

That's a thing in x1 now? How do you PVP without pots?

You get 1 or 2 shot by a melee.

Anyhow, 2.0 on a 70 is really enjoyable whereas starting on a newbie, isnt (for me) but I hate leveling on 1.0 too.

My point being there needs to be a sense of main story line and quests to progress players into the world.

1.0 has needed quests for years and over the last year he has added a few.

However they are always a pain to figure out. I'm for those hidden type quests def but there needs to be more quests on npcs in each town to go to each dungeon, shrine, etc.

I could literally write 50+ quest ideas in an hour with the current content.

Ej has lore behind the game. Why are monsters there? What purpose does this serve? So ej hopefully will start adding it to the game.

Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next