View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Admin Advice 
Forum Moderator

Advice from a 20 year (+) Admin... on what not to do.

You simply cannot be 'trash' talking on world chat about players. You position is to be supportive of the game – not to isolate nor alienate players. This game is dependent on players. Given enough verbal abuse will only cause the individuals to leave the game. EJ is made aware of such activities as they occur.

Cheaters and Bug abusers: Report them to EJ. He will take care of the situation as he deems fit. It is not your position to constantly harass and hound individuals in the game. Referring to them as 'Cheaters' on world chat. It is not your position to pass judgment on others. When EJ deletes a character it is not necessary for you to continually post on World Chat 'go CHEAT some more'. (What you don’t realize is that issue was presented to EJ in two individual E-mails. EJ made his decision live with it).

Playing Favorites – Never use your position to BAN others simply because they say something against members of your Guild. That is abuse of ADMINistration. You must keep in mind there are individuals on the game with physical and mental challenges. Your actions reflect individually – you are there to mediate, not pick sides, and no belittle anyone.

EVERYBODY is watching you and will not hesitate to report your actions (daily) to EJ. And they will. Why provide anyone with that power over you?

Don't be abusive in with your authority. Remember this is a GAME, try to have fun with it and assist in making it enjoyable for everyone.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:53 pm

There are no admins in our guild, I wish there was I heard they have access to a decent amount of data. The only player in x2 I think that is, is wearing some of the best gear in game. So I hope they didn't abuse their situation to gain it. If we had a admin, don't you think they could of abused their power and banned the individual, who may have physical and mental challenges, from interfering with the raid?

Only trash talk I saw yesterday was literally a player calling another player "trash" which is the most basic form of trash talk allowed in game.

You should log on x1 and check out that world chat haha.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:43 pm

Maybe you should not cheat. Maybe you should make better characters that are respectful of the game. Once you cheat, you have to live with that stigma. It's a small community and everybody knows.

What I find the most off-putting about your post is that the first this you do is brandish a 20 year admin badge, while over the last year you purposely hide who you are to take advantage of people for raiding. That tells me you definitely have nothing to be proud of if no one respects you.

Before you go assuming I'm some1 I am not, I am cirdan. I do not hide who I am.
Ps And yes this name is much older than the oblivion set

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:28 pm

As an admin that "served" with you for a number of those years, I know for a fact that there were times where you abused your power. To say that it isn't an admin's position to "pass judgment on others" is a little ridiculous. That is the whole purpose of admins -- to step in when people are doing or saying things that they shouldn't be because they are against the rules.

To be honest, if you cheat in game and have been deleted for such, other players have a right to know who you are and what you have done as it directly effects how they choose to interact with you. This definitely isn't a one-to-one analogy, but convicted felons and pedophiles get put on a public list for a reason.

As an admin of 20+ years, you should also know that you shouldn't be "trash" talking a player just because you believe them to be an admin with no proof.

My understanding is that Xen101 and SMBU were admins.

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]