View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Honest x2 Review (2022) 

A previous player back from after 10-15 year break (previous highest level was 50), thought I would make a post about what it was like to come back and how it is on X2.

First I would like to thank the current X2 players, without the community helping out at low levels - I definitely would have quit.
It was amazing to see how many players (65+) would take time and actually help a starting player, after leveling up to 70 I see why they
are so willing to help.

1) No information on the difference between x1 and x2 on website, I thought x2 was just the newest version of xenimus not a different server with next to nobody playing.

2) Quest Guide at low level is still non-existent which turns off brand new players. As a returning player I was disappointed that it was almost exactly the same with no additional help.
* I missed out on super va but luckily the community took me for Anhks.

3) New players should stay away from melee classes. Mage classes have a huge advantage in leveling and you can later gear up alts.

4) Leveling is really easy compared to before but I am still amazed there are only a couple of good spots out of the whole map.
*Low levels - Quests
*Mid Levels - Lava Imps, Barbs, Fire Skeletons, Pix Animus
*Level 45 to 65 - Daemons (Please add more areas!!!)
*65+ - Grollins, Cron, DD

5) I love the ability to grind for gear (Found Items), even though these are non-drop/non-trade items. Please increase the LIMIT on these items until more gear is readily available on cons merch.

6) Trading is pretty much non-existent but you don't really need to trade. Everyone is pretty bored at higher levels and want more people to play so a decent amount of gear is loaned out.
I continued this and gave away my lower level gear to new players, just ask in world chat and somebody will lend or give you the items you need to level.

7) PVP / PKing is pretty much non-existent also. Server having a max players at raid time of around 12 probably has something to say about it. So if you want to focus on PVE this is your server for now.

8) X2 not having all the gear as X1 is a huge downside, probably turns x1 players away. The gear graphics on x1 seem better but should be the other way around, some examples include dirus sword just a black dragon sword and most wands looking exactly the same.

9) I don't know if this "server wealth" is playing apart in relying on NDNT items and not finding your items. But as more higher levels take breaks, gear is just archived and hurts newer players.

10) If your new and need help - ask world chat for help. Trust me, we are all bored of leveling at 1-2 spots and will gladly take a break.

11) Server needs to sell LSAs in merch.

12) No good gear guides online for support. Fandom has some but no X2 information.

13) No Jeloc / end game quests.

14) 65+ raiding is a plus in x2, no-one is excluded and you will be able to get high level gear. General rules have been put in place to have a smooth raid.

15) Gear proping is still a huge downside. After grinding months for an item, you still have to rely on RNG for props. Most items from raids go into the trash.

Overall my experience has been great on x2, even though the website kind of tricks people into it. I believe this is the perfect time for new players to join while the server numbers are low. I saw there was no
videos on youtube of x2, so I started to add a couple (Raid walk through / end game grind). Thanks and would like to hear everyone elses experience so far.

Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:25 pm

I'm currently level 56 and have a very similar experience to yours.

I wouldn't have quit if no one helped because I enjoy the "difficulty" of solo playing. The community on X2 definitely deserves a pat on the back for being able to come together during raids and for helping the newer players. Most of the points you listed are spot on so here's my thoughts on where the game is from my perspective.

Quote:
4) Leveling is really easy compared to before but I am still amazed there are only a couple of good spots out of the whole map.

This should be stressed. There are several good spots on the map that could be utilized but people only hunt T3 Daemons because there are no mage enemies that tear you up. This also should be looked at VERY carefully as to not nerf actual mage type classes but to adjust the damage/resists of mage type monsters. Taking 5-8 hits from a DK at 56 vs 1 beam and a staff hit from a warlock is a drastic gap.

Quote:
8) X2 not having all the gear as X1 is a huge downside, probably turns x1 players away. The gear graphics on x1 seem better but should be the other way around, some examples include dirus sword just a black dragon sword and most wands looking exactly the same.

Mi Law said something along the lines of Tomes and Runes now dropping being a detriment to the current game state and he's right. This coincides with point 9 too. Having the Veil available on x2 is nice and there should be perks for hunting there but with the player base the way it is and the few people who play consistently will acquire these items at a faster pace and set themselves vastly apart from the up and comings. There is no reason to trade with anyone unless they are equally new. I've found no one wants plat, fillers, or anything for unused gear. This is annoying.

Quote:
15) Gear proping is still a huge downside. After grinding months for an item, you still have to rely on RNG for props. Most items from raids go into the trash.

This is a pain in the a** and I'm going to go along with everyone else with "If I had a nickel for every time this happened". Of the numerous slightly annoying issues in Xenimus, this one is the most soul crushing.

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:05 pm

All valid points, Left after veil, having 30 minutes to an hour to play and dealing with -all combat for the entire time of playtime isnt enjoyable imo. And items are only there for progression.

Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]