View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ranger in 2024 Xen 2.0 

Hey y'all! It has been a very long time for myself. I played back in original Xen 1 before additional servers or anti-PK. I came back briefly I believe in 2016, 2018, 2020, and now I have redownloaded the game and reclaimed my account. I made in 2016 since I had long lost my old accounts. I have a 32 Ranger and 32 Warlock.

I have tried looking all over the forums to see all the changes but I can't seem to find much. Looking at my equipment it looks a lot different.

I'm guessing that more stats are shown on items or the stats on items are different? My bows fragor shows 20%?

I wasn't brave enough to try to go and do anything. I have two full respec potions and one skill reset potion so I'm guessing there have been some significant changes.

Also I saw fragor on gloves? Can melee hits trigger AOEs now?

Are there any current recommendations on stats and skills for a ranger?

Thanks in advance!
Minotaur

Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:38 pm

I'm not a 2.0 expert, but I can tell you that you're not going to want to play a ranger. You'll be in permanent struggle bus.

If you want to play 2.0... Honestly the best thing is to level to 70 on 1.0 and then copy it over to 2.0. You'll save a ton of time leveling that way, and it gives you a level 70 on both 1.0 and 2.0 to choose from playing. But if you just want to level in 2.0 you can do that. I'd recommend playing your warlock or making another class like druid.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:05 pm

Ouch! Well, thanks for the brutal honesty. I had originally chosen a ranger on 2.0 because it was underrepresented back then and I enjoy a challenge but sounds like that challenge might be a bit greater than I want to bite off on.

Does anyone know if any of the rangers unique characteristics do much these days? I know back in the day Hide and lethality we're kind of a unique feature to them besides bow multi. But I don't know how I would be able to take advantage of those when so much of the game depends on mass killing versus single target kills which it seems maybe a ranger would be good at.

It's still really feels like something on the hit chance with the bow is off. I have max points in Bow and mastery and still miss quite a few shots with 40 agility. I was going to experiment with the test dummy but every time I've gone there it's been bugged out.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:24 pm

u can get 100% frragor at 65+ with vexar gloves, bow, few other items but its underwhellming on 2.0

on 1.0 its still strong for hunting unless its changed since i last played

Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:45 pm

As far as rangers go on 2.0 they are underpowered and this comes from several things. In 2.0 there is very few places a ranger can trans because trans wands are not functioning in places the spell trans can activate.

Making trans wands functional in areas that trans spells are active would reduce this disfunction.

Rangers some time ago were nerfed and the multi was hit hardest as the amount of arrows and fragor that can activate and damage players and monsters was reduced to aprox 3. So any time a monster stacks up the only thing hit directly is the first mob and the fragor and arrows only do 3. This prevents hp/mp steals considerably and prevents the class from farming as usual. This was done because some newb era warrior got pked by a low lvl ranger as he jumped in front of mobs in a weak attempt to pk the ranger.

Spirit shot is actually just a blanket coded spirit run with a trajectory so it functions just like a spirit run and if you click directly on a monster the arrow does not travel beyond that monster, it also has a very very very very small activation radius and will miss even stacked monsters in close proximity. It does not function as well as I think it is intended and fails to give prop hp/mp stl because of this.

Rangers have such little amp and ac that they are by far the most fragile class and even with the best gear avail fail to be able to hunt any monster that does not die before they begin to stack. The moment they stack it becomes a death pile and you die the moment they get close. Giving the mobs a very small collision radius so they dont stack or giving the arrows a pass over function when that limit of 3 is reached will fix this problem but ej seems reluctant to do so.

In short this is a novelty class now, considering also that arrows will 100% activate guard attack even if your not on all you have no place to pvp except outside of town and since in no way can trans in hunting areas you literally cannot pvp or even defend against an attack properly anywhere but outside of town and very far from any hunting area.

The class was recently given a damage reduction but that reduction was very small in retrospect to the amount of damage they intake over every other class.

Monsters beyond lvl 75 -80 are so hard to hit your multi often fails to strike and further removes not just rangers ability to hunt pvm but every melee striking class even in the best gear and setup you can get. Limiting the hit defense to that of a lvl 100-105 would give those that require melee hit rates to hunt a chance to do so. Ej also doesnt seem to understand or want to do this.

In short he has nerfed and renerfed and then nerfed his nerfs so much that its becoming a spaghetti code of failed attempts to balance things using blanket code. Probably because hes listening to idiots that have only self interests in mind and no game development expereince.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:19 pm

I recently copied my x1 ranger to x2 to try it out. Here is what I've noticed so far.

Rangers multi shoots in a straight line from the terrain you are on. When trying to multi down enemies on a different elevation you have 0% chance of hitting them. Because of their main source of dmg being from a projectile, they are essentially useless on this server.

I would recommend any other class besides a ranger at this point.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]