View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 What do we know so far about 70 chest? 
Forum Moderator

I've spent a lot of time doing the same, with no results. Quite a few others have spent some time working on it as well. Even some ideas that seem a little far out. Killed bosses and tried to get in, went to DD trying to see if the portal looking area their is connected, etc.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 am

still cant get into the 2nd room?

ej did say its easy to do and we over thinking it..

all I know is that the skull needs one of the following word to get inside

Vorpal
Sanctus
mystic
spirit
omninex

then below the pool is a 2nd port

thats where we are all stuck at.

(warhammer age of reckoning)

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am

I emailed EJ a few days ago simply asking if level 70 was a requirement to activate the portal -- no word back.

I was hoping to clarify that before posting here as if that is a restriction (it could be!), then I don't want to dissuate you 70 folks from doing the things I've done to try and trigger the portal.

Here's a few things that I know we've tried. Again, I don't know if I can actually activate it at my level but I'll share in order to maybe give you guys some additional ideas.

1. Kill Imexic + Derath + Baraw -> test portal
2. Kill Arrhawk -> test portal
3. Stand on each of the elevated "skull" mounds in the main room (and even say trigger words like "bones" or "skull")
4. Step over each of the bomb skulls (not so long to actually activate it and damage you, but you can easily walk over them temporarily)
5. Kill X number of mobs (there is no counter or indicator, this is very unlikely to be the solution)
6. Step on 4 mounds in "minidd" area and also step on the mounds in spider area. I also stepped over the mound in Baraw area as well before attempting to step on portal
7. Treat the "red" part of this floor as lava floor, as there is JUST ENOUGH elevated objects in the room to trans to in order to avoid stepping on the main floor. This would've been an epic puzzle but no, it doesn't work. Kudos to Oath for thinking outside the box!
8. Step in the middle "white potion" pool and step on portal
9. Lure mobs that have stepped on "white potion" pool to portal to try and activate
10. Cast flamma on both torches directly south of portal
11. Use ruby (flame wind) towards both torches south of portal
12. Use emerald while on portal (okay, this does nothing)
13. Transing from the portal area to fog of war areas (east/south/west) of portal pad. He's used this for other hidden mechanics on x1.
14. My trigger word is "vorpal", and I've tried equipping various vorpal items but to no avail.
15. Trigger words -- I know I've tried gear types, weapon types, races, classes. None of which have worked.
16. Trigger use items -- I've tried everything in my inventory including white potion, vishibus elixir, omnihabus elixir, mederi wand, maxi pot, white elixir, battle scroll, vb scroll, rage pot. I've also tried "using" black sapphire and such. Maybe someone could try using a diamond? lol

QUIRK: If it does involve some sort of mini boss kill(s) or portal activation, make sure you aren't stepping on buff shrine in Terthius/Solus afterwards. We know from testing that using the buff shrine will invalidate the temporary buffs you receive from killing the DK bosses and not allow you to enter Dimaltus area. This is likely a bug and I'll try to bring this up in a future Discord session.

We know from Discord that EJ thinks we're overthinking this mechanic. Can someone try simple "adgredi" on the two torches south of it and maybe then walking a circle around them? Seems like a simple enough mechanic that I can't try as a warrior without finding some scrolls.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]