View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 2021 Roadmap / State of the Game 

EJ,

It seems like it's been a few years since you've posted extensive insight about your vision for the Xenimus 2.0 client. Would it be possible to get an update on your thoughts or vision for the Xenimus 2.0 client? Doesn't have to be anything set in stone, of course, but I think the player base would be interested to hear what you hope to accomplish with this game client this year. I think I speak for most when I say we have enjoyed the fresh perspective on Xenimus and hope to see continued work to refine it and improve the game as it is today.

I did notice you have occasionally query the player base to see what they would prefer to see updates to. If it would be helpful, we can create an updated thread with insights we've gained as we've played the game as well as creating a wish list of things we'd like to see prioritized.

Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:26 pm

EJ, you handsome stud.
Would "more communication with the Xen community" be a terrible resolution this year? We know the player base ebbs and flows but the communication has been the coolest thing I've seen in this game as of kate (ex: ej hopping in discord).

Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Forum Moderator

How about a hint or a clue for how to open the second portal in the 70 chest area pretty please. Our attempts are becoming pretty far out ( "floor as lava - and you can only trans to safe areas"). Killed all of the bosses that we can kill, etc. Quite a few of us have spent large amounts of time, and at this point we are out of ideas.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Hey guys,

I don't want to detract from the original thread request to focus on individual issues. We can create separate thread(s) and discuss those things in more detail.

The original thread is asking for general information and insight as to what changes we might expect over the next year with regard to the Xenimus 2.0 client. The intention is to hopefully get EJ to talk about his game a little more -- to share his thoughts about the current state of the game and what progress he'd like to make in the upcoming year.

The hope is that an insightful reply will help renew some excitement for the player base (that has been waning as of late) and give us something to look forward to this year. I hope it might renew interest in the game for some folks that have grown bored or moved on. I think everyone could use some reassurances that he is still as excited about and interested in improving and expanding this game as he seemed to be from his original posts years ago when announcing it.

In lieu of a reply here, an alternative might be trying to coordinate a Discord session to chat about 2.0 a little bit. I know he occasionally joins and talks about x1.0 with that player base. If so, that would be where we might try and get answers to some of our current questions like "Is the 70 chest area even accessible right now?" or "Is Jeloc or star shrine in the game right now and should we be looking for it?".

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:01 pm

A Discord session for 2.0 is a great idea.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]