View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Vis Mederi (i28) and +2 Scientia Ring (i28) Drop Rate 

The issue: These rings do not appear to "drop" in a tradeable state by any mobs or objects in the game outside of maybe Death Dungeon. As soon as you level beyond 50 or so, then there is no clear way to acquire these rings anymore as you're too high level to get "find items" from the mobs that generate them.

What we know: You can acquire these rings in various "find items" caches through the 25-45 leveling range -- particularly from barbarians, skeleton warriors, and pix animus. We did find a +1 Scientia (i27) in Death Dungeon and we presume that these i28 rings can drop there as well. We know that the Vis Animus ring (i30) can be easily acquired in a tradeable state in several areas of the game.

What we don't know: For i28 items, they seem disproportionately more rare than any other items in that level range. We're just trying to understand if these rings are incredibly rare (to the point of nonexistent) by design or if there is some sort of oversight where i28 item level range hasn't been added to any mob's dropped loot tables or in a state that makes them acquirable beyond level 50.

Anyone who might have some insight please share your thoughts here. If you have an idea on where to hunt to acquire these specific rings in a tradeable state please let us know. I did mention that I do feel like they can be acquired in Death Dungeon so if you've found them there please confirm here.

Thanks!

**Edit: Vis Tueri ring is also i28 and falls into the same category here. Rare to the point of nonexistent.**

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:16 pm

iv farmed DD for hr's on in. i only fine black peals vis ani and vis med rings, tons of mystic gears.

the ring should drop i been looking for one for months with no luck. i even found a adept ring faster!!

(warhammer age of reckoning)

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 pm

bottlecup wrote:
iv farmed DD for hr's on in. i only fine black peals vis ani and vis med rings, tons of mystic gears.

the ring should drop i been looking for one for months with no luck. i even found a adept ring faster!!

You find VA's and Vm's? or Va's and Vts? I haven't gotten to a point I can farm DD yet but I agree with Torr I think Vm's should be findable in other areas. Did you find your Adept ring in DD?

Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:16 pm

I've also missed the opportunity to get a single +2 when I was lving. Now there is simply no way for me to find one, and I'm permanently going to have lower lvl spells compared to other lvl 70's.

I feel like there should be an easier way then starting completely over for this specific ring.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:23 am
it would be nice if u can do quest and have the choice of 3 random items. or if certain quest give certain things. like oh I need a +2 better go kill 1k monsters. items like that are not game breaking and you can have a 1 time limit on the quest.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 pm

A simpler solution to this problem might just be to remove the level limitations on "found items" for the areas we know produce these as rewards. If a higher level wants to farm lower level areas to acquire lower level items, why not?

**Edit: They should be acquirable in a tradeable state nonetheless, though. We're still hunting Death Dungeon regularly to confirm these rings drop there but nothing so far.**

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 pm
then you have higher lvl people farming these and not letting the lower lvls farm/lvl there. just like on prime when he added greater voloc, 70s camped it and didn't let lvl 30s kill him.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 am

Yeah, I can see your point there. The issue with the Greater Volucris on x1 is that there is only one of them, so when it's camped it is camped. There are 3 different zones here that provide these rings in their "find items" caches. I don't think it would be a permanent issue as higher levels would go likely back to farming their level-appropriate areas after they found the ring(s) they were looking for.

I only mentioned this as a solution as it seems like a simple fix he could apply to resolve the issue almost immediately. The more ideal, long-term fix would be to add these rings to higher level monster loot tables (if even at a very, very low % chance to drop).

Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:45 am

ive found alot at the barb place.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:08 pm

Vis Animus Rings can drop tradable; I have four of them. I don't know about Vis Tueri or Vis Mederi dropping tradable, I never found any. Vis Velocitas can drop tradable, I have four. +1 Sci can drop tradable, I have one; I don't know about +2 Sci but I assume because a +1 dropped that a +2 could as well. Drop rates are trash for rings, for sure.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]