View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Leppys X2 Journal (Ewok Version) 

Sorry if this is the wrong place to do this.

I guess I'm back for a bit. I've been playing X2 for a few days now to see if I'd keep playing, seems to be the case.

This takes me back to the early 2000s, and thinking about it now I guess it has really been more like 15 years since I've really been on here. . . . SOOOO much has changed from what it use to be. I finally figured out world chat, but I've found a thing where the game will RANDOMLY crash when I'm using chat (yeah that's super fun). I see that read skill and swim are still quazi connected (had to spend an hour drowning off the side of spawn to bump past 19 read), and I'm told that now everyone hangs out in T1? It seems like just the other day people were rerolling new characters until they got the town they wanted to start in (I kinda miss that). I still can't find that Vis Battle merchant, but thanks again to the person who dropped me a massive stack (I used them. . . all).

I'm not sure that many of you will remember me, I mainly played on Xen server X2 (it was non pvp back then). I was that forever low level Leprechaun Lord, but very few people knew that that account was also Eewok on X1 (my old friend played E, I never really liked PVP).

So in the lasts couple of days of just messing around. . . it seems like Pally/Warlock are the meta currently, so I guess that's what I'll focus on for now. On a related side note. . . currently I'm just a poor little newblet trying to get my first character to half decent level. . . anyone feel like running me through shrines, maybe, possibly?

Holy crap though, the game has come so far, yet it still has that super classic Xen feel. I can't wait to venture into this revamped world of Xenimus, I mean. . . . I've got the time right now.

Last edited by Leprechaun on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:46 pm

Pally/wizard that is, warlocks not so much. Ya shouldnt have to swim to get ur read up, just use battle scrolls while ur hunting, and it will go up pretty quick. Also VB scrolls, you can only find them or buy them from merchant inside castles I believe, that is for x1 though... not sure if there is a way to buy them on x2 as i'm not sure there are even castles there? (You can only buy port scrolls in t3) x2 is still very incomplete though, i got to level 35 and lost my interest. Most quests can't even be finished as Ej didn't finish programming them. If you decide to try x1 I can help ya out there :p GL getting shrines, theirs really only about 2 or 3 active players on that server, and 2 of them are jerks.. maybe ask wanker hes pretty cool. GH will probably be a long way to get though for you.

Last edited by Original Mi law on Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 pm

Ah man, well I did already go Warlock. . . and have put in too much effort to turn back on that decision now. I got into a little hunting party with some people earlier, and got some goals done. Actually I'm very glad it was them, it brought back good memories. Fortunately I haven't run into any people I'd consider unsavory. I'm in the understanding that there's a bit of a faction thing going on right now between a couple groups of people. Regardless today was a very productive day, and I've been very excited to see the changes from Classic Xen to X2.

Where I'm at right now, I haven't run into anything that I'd consider game breaking. . . that random lag spike or whatever in t1 is a pain sometimes, and occasionally for whatever reason sometimes my game will crash when I'm using chat but eh. . . I really like the new models, and the spell system seems to be a little more streamline(?), or maybe I'm just remembering things different, or maybe the lower level spells are hidden now idk.

It's been a blast getting back into the game. I'll definitely have to see what the difference is in current X1 vs X2 is, but I'll probably wait until I've got my X2 main up to 30 or so, otherwise I'll start to waffle between the versions too much, but I'll have to take you up on that offer at that point.

I always felt like swim and read were coupled somehow back in the day, so when I stalled out at 19 read I went and played around in the water next to T1 until my swim was 19, then went and started using the rest of (I went though 260 ish vbs) and port scroll and walking around graveyard hitting skellies with my spec mace (because nestalgia) and now I have 21 read and 19 swim . . . idk works in my head.

Why would GH be a long way to get through? I hear that the shrines on X2 are different than on X1, though I'm not sure how much different they are on X1 now vs so many years ago.

Servers reset, I'm going give it another 15 minutes or so and go grind some more Crypt n Stuff.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:52 am

Shrines are a lot harder on x2 than on x1, gh being the hardest where you have to kill a high level boss to get the shrine.. unless you get lucky and glitch in. Spell system is the same on both games, yes Ej removed the continuous levels of every spell, and just gave each class their highest rank version which gets stronger with every level/and magic bonus. x1 is super fast to level though compared to x2, if you put some time in you can get 1-70 in 2 weeks. Also a good amount more players, and yes its princess nesbianas link vs wankers always. There is basically 3 links goin on that server, the one link barely ever plays, and then you got PN and wankers. Thats pretty much the whole game atm.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:09 am

I don't think I've seen a clan tag under either of their names, eh. . . like I said though, everyone I've run into has been fairly nice.

A couple people have been WAY more helpful than others, and it's not just me they've shown some things here and there to. Really not much has changed at the core of the game. Be nice to your fellow players, and most of them will be nice back.

Today I popped lvl 19 and have about half the shrines already, and your completely right I wouldn't have been able to do that without help. I'm told star shrine and jeloc aren't a thing on X2 yet, but I have my read skill up to 24. . . really trying hard for that max read skill.

My main is a Warlock, he's been super fun/easy to level up so far. I've been leveling along side a ranger for the past day or so, and I've noticed that I can kite and kill the mobs without invis while they are invis and struggling to kill the same things, eh idk. . . . but anyway back to the grind for another hour and a half or so, I'll make sure to take note of the Tabes when I log back in.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:48 am

Original Mi law wrote:
wankers hes pretty cool.

thx :D

(warhammer age of reckoning)

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:42 am

bottlecup wrote:
Original Mi law wrote:
wankers hes pretty cool.

thx :D

hes not a good player tho nor was he on x1 when he played plateau / unwanted soul. lol

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:17 pm

But hes doing good now.. don't sh*t on his name..

phpBB [video]

Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:39 pm

[quote="bottlecup"][quote="Original Mi law"]wankers hes pretty cool.[/quote]

thx :D[/quote]

My bad typo, meant wanker, but anyone other than PN/Oath, she pretends to be friendly but don't believe the lies.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Xen101 wrote:
But hes doing good now.. don't sh*t on his name..

Really? by mass pking level 10s and 20s and 30s on a lvl 70 where ej has gotten enough emails to know about him?

Or "now" as in after all that?

Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next