View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pally leveling 

Pallys do so much less damage while leveling it feels like a bug. I'm now level 27 and still hunt elementals. I'm in all mystic gear which I just unlocked this level. My druid moved past elementals at 20. I still can't 1 shot elementals which my druid was doing at 20. I understand a slower start, but this feels really bad. It more than twice as slow. This is a huge deterent for new players.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:25 pm

Ad an extra kick in the crotch, I can finally do the orc task efficiently enough to get more exp than elementals, but now I get less exp per quest turn in because I'm too high level?!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Monsters in Xen2 also deal a ton of damage in general, making life disproportionately harder for melee in addition to the XP rates and Found Items disparities that you mentioned.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:37 pm

Paladin leveling is harsh. I melee'd until almost 36 when Spin began to do enough damage to actually kill things. It may be a little different now as I leveled years ago, but Paladin leveling was harsh enough that I likened it to the old Xen1 leveling experience. You will always be behind mages because you have to actually take hits, and you will need to kill multiple creatures so you have to hunt far below your level just to survive those hits. It gets easier later on, once you get Egg and once Omnimultum heals you (Level 40, I think it is); but until then you just gotta slog it out. It pays off in the end when you can heal through things that would otherwise kill Warriors and not use a single Mederi Wand, but it is without a doubt the roughest leveling experience in the game and extremely frustrating.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]